February 2012 Moms
Options

Sounds like a cold but it doesn't quack like a cold

So last night DS was sneezy and had this lil cough.  He sounded snotty.  Like when he breathed you could hear it.  But his nostrills are clear and there's not runny nose or anything. 

Thinking last night that it was a cold, I ran his humidifier with a menthol tab.  And I turned off our AC and just opened windows.

He's fine this morning.   Nose still clear and he hasn't coughed or sneezed.

Someone randomly mentioned it could be teething?  If so that's his only symptom.

What gives?  We have a 1st birthday party for some special friends.  While I really want to go, I don't want to take him if he's sick.   I'd kill someone if they brought their sick child to my child's party.

And where is this kid's user manual.  I can't seem to find it anywhere?  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sounds like a cold but it doesn't quack like a cold

• Options
    dmsnydmsny member
    I just told the dr about this at her appt this morning. She said the cough is from teething and extra saliva in her throat. 
    Image and  video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby  Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks I rung two other Mommy friends and they said it sounds like teething.  Only DS isn't whiney or cranky.

I know it's strange but I'd rather have him teething than sick!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Emily has the same thing, raspy sounded breathing from teething and a little cough now and then. I thought she was alergic to something blooming or some trees or grass in the neighborhood causing the weird sounding breathing, but doctor said teething.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If it was a cold you'd know it. I'd go to the party.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"