January 2013 Moms
Options

Might be dumb but....

With a loss under you belt you can never be to sure. Is it okay to go swimming this early on? I only ask because of the chlorine is it okay for baby? Thanks ladies in advance for your help.

Re: Might be dumb but....

• Options
    Swimming is perfectly fine and actually one of the recommended forms of exercise during pregnancy. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    Las135Las135 member
    I swim and float around in my pool everyday in the summer.  I also take a water aerobics class.  Its great for achy joints.

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
    BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was told to stay out of rivers, lakes, and ponds. Pools and the ocean are fine. I love swimming and with 100+ temps here, you can't keep me out of the pool!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes, go swimming and have fun!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    I've been a total pool bum all week!

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    Enjoy the pool!
  • Options
    erkieerkie member

imageAshleyB609:
    I was told to stay out of rivers, lakes, and ponds. Pools and the ocean are fine.

What?!?  Did your dr say that? Rivers and lakes are the only options for me up here in Michigan. I've been swimming in both all summer... 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageAshleyB609:
    I was told to stay out of rivers, lakes, and ponds. Pools and the ocean are fine. I love swimming and with 100+ temps here, you can't keep me out of the pool!!

What ocean? You live in KY.  

Stick out tongue  I am just being silly.

BabyFetus Ticker

Birth is safe as life gets - Harriette Hartigan

• Options
    imageerkie:

imageAshleyB609:
    I was told to stay out of rivers, lakes, and ponds. Pools and the ocean are fine.

What?!?  Did your dr say that? Rivers and lakes are the only options for me up here in Michigan. I've been swimming in both all summer... 

Just don't drink the water and you'll be just fine. I live in MN and my doctor said it was just fine....ditto to swimming in the ocean. 

• Options

imageMrs.Appling:
    With a loss under you belt you can never be to sure. Is it okay to go swimming this early on? I only ask because of the chlorine is it okay for baby? Thanks ladies in advance for your help.

The dr. also told me swimming is great exercise, but you obviously wouldn't want to be breathing/soaking in chlorine 8 hours at a time...but I would think that way pregnant or not...! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"