Natural Birth
Options

Finally Feels Real - I guess that's why I finally feel scared?

Hi everyone! I have been lurking forever since finding out I was expecting but it's my first time and even though I had the ultrasounds and feel movement, I guess I kind of felt like my pregnancy still wasn't real.

Well, my 3rd trimester starts up soon and it's like a switch in my brain has been flipped. You know, that whole realization that what's inside IS real and IS going to have to come out somehow!

I've been reading a ton on natural birth and I know that for many reasons, that is the route I want to go so I figured I'd start being more active over here.

And I'm curious. For me, it was simply that I've been pregnant for almost 7 months now that made the pregnancy finally feel "real." Was there any sort of defining moment or event for you all?

Re: Finally Feels Real - I guess that's why I finally feel scared?

• Options

Probably when my water broke! He was a month early, so that moment was very unexpected and we were like, holy shnikes we are seriously having a baby RIGHT NOW!

Overall, I think it was more gradual for me, and sometimes I still feel shocked when I hear myself referring to "my son."  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageJFH2010:

Probably when my water broke! He was a month early, so that moment was very unexpected and we were like, holy shnikes we are seriously having a baby RIGHT NOW!

Overall, I think it was more gradual for me, and sometimes I still feel shocked when I hear myself referring to "my son."  

Oh wow! Yeah I suppose that would make it as real as it gets. Thanks for your insight :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Beginning my 3rd trimester was a huge deal for me too. I have my moments when I freak out that I am so close.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"