Pregnant after a Loss
Options

2nd Tri Sleep

Or lack of...

WTH is this all about? In first tri I could sleep like a hibernating bear (I know that is expected) but over the last 2-3 weeks my sleep has rapidly gone down hill. I am not uncomfortable, or hot, and I mostly get the bed to myself because DH travels, I don't drink caffeine (other than the occasional cup of joe at 6am) so what gives? I used to be able to get up and go to the bathroom and barely remember it the next day and now if I get up I am usually up for a while after. I can't even nap anymore. Is this normal? Anyone have any tricks up their sleeve?

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
#1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
#1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
#1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
#2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: 2nd Tri Sleep

• Options
    It might just be pregnancy insomnia. I haven't really found a cure for that...I usually have a tough time falling back to sleep after I wake up around 4. I know it's no fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've found sleep to be one extreme or the other. I'll toss and turn all night for a week or 2 straight and then all of a sudden ill sleep for 12 hours straight. 
    We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've had insomnia the whole time and also during my last pregnancy. I'm super tired but have trouble sleeping. 

I do deep breathing excersises, like yoga breathing. It helps slow my breathing and calm me down. I know this is lame, but I also have montras that I say to myself over and over again. I force my brain to be cleared of all thoughts other than the montra. You can do the same thing with numbers, like, count up to five on each inhale and exhale. Eliminate all other thoughts and just picture the numerals in you mind. 

Also, you can download relaxation and mediation podcasts from YouTube. I have hypnosis CD for years ago when I quit smoking. I listen to that and it helps. 

Hope something in there helps you!  

• Options
    ...Is not existent for me, lol. I wish I could give you some tips...but I'm up about 6 times to pee, and rearrange...I'm not getting much sleep over here!
  • Options

imageskye83:
    I've found sleep to be one extreme or the other. I'll toss and turn all night for a week or 2 straight and then all of a sudden ill sleep for 12 hours straight. 

This is me. Last night I slept for 9 strong hours only woke up to pee once, the night before I couldn't sleep up every hour and peeing all the time. And last night I drank way more water at night then the night before. I guess my body finally gets tired enough and I finally can pass out.  

BFP: 01/08/11 EDD: 09/15/11 Natural MC: 02/03/11
    BFP: 02/14/12 EDD: 10/26/12 D&C: 03/09/12
    BFP: 04.05.12 EDD: 12.17.12 Born 11.18.12 Jackson Kane 6lbs 5ounces

BFP: 06.08.13 EDD: 02.13.14 Baby Girl.. 2U2 Here we come

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttfdf7a.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Thanks ladies - I may pull the sound machine back out (I hate to becuase it is addictive) but the CDs sound like a great idea.

Ah, the joys!!

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"