Trouble TTC

When do you give up on O on clomid?

My RE has me using OPKs while on clomid. I am usually anovulatory, and the last time I might have O'd in a cycle it was day 22 or 23. Today is day 20 and I have yet to get a positive OPK. When do I give up and stop wasting my tests? If I don't O, I'll probably need to go on progesterone again. :-(
Me: 26 DH: 32
TTC since 08/2010
Anovulatory since at least 12/2010 (probably longer, unDx)
Dx PCOS 3/2012
SA 5/25/12--normal
June 2012--50mg clomid+TI--BFN
July 2012--50mg clomid+Ovidrel+TI--BFN, lining at 5mm
August 2012--5mg femara+Ovidrel+TI

Re: When do you give up on O on clomid?

• imagekeelyd:
    Is your RE not monitoring you with b/w and ultrasounds? If not, you need to demand monitoring.

This. OP, you should KNOW whether or not you're ovulating. I only used OPKs this cycle because I had a poor response to the Clomid and my cycle was canceled.

• I tried 50mg and 150mg and actually had less response on 150. I don't see many women that have good luck with clomid. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • When you're monitored, you can see if there is follicle growth to know if O may happen. Otherwise it's a crapshoot. That's one of the reasons monitoring is necessary on Clomid cycles.
    Photobucket
  • I totally get that monitoring is important with clomid, and I cannot understand why my RE won't do any monitoring. When he explained his process for clomid, and I asked him why he wasn't going to have me in for monitoring, he said that it's really not necessary and that a lot of the concerns are outdated. I really think its because my PCP only gave me a referral for 3 visits. He wanted to see me back after 4 months if I wasn't KU yet, so that will be in September.

Honestly, my OB was going to do more monitoring than the RE. I don't get it. 

Me: 26 DH: 32
    TTC since 08/2010
    Anovulatory since at least 12/2010 (probably longer, unDx)
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
    June 2012--50mg clomid+TI--BFN
    July 2012--50mg clomid+Ovidrel+TI--BFN, lining at 5mm
    August 2012--5mg femara+Ovidrel+TI
  • imageDatsyuksMommy:

I totally get that monitoring is important with clomid, and I cannot understand why my RE won't do any monitoring. When he explained his process for clomid, and I asked him why he wasn't going to have me in for monitoring, he said that it's really not necessary and that a lot of the concerns are outdated. I really think its because my PCP only gave me a referral for 3 visits. He wanted to see me back after 4 months if I wasn't KU yet, so that will be in September.

Find a new RE, one that cares about your health and safety. The concerns are not outdated, andplusalso knowing if the dose is effective for you is pretty important...  

Photobucket
  • imageDatsyuksMommy:

I totally get that monitoring is important with clomid, and I cannot understand why my RE won't do any monitoring. When he explained his process for clomid, and I asked him why he wasn't going to have me in for monitoring, he said that it's really not necessary and that a lot of the concerns are outdated. I really think its because my PCP only gave me a referral for 3 visits. He wanted to see me back after 4 months if I wasn't KU yet, so that will be in September.

Could you call your OB and ask to do the next clomid cycle with them? 

---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAurora1181:
    imageDatsyuksMommy:

Could you call your OB and ask to do the next clomid cycle with them? 

And I only say that because you said they are willing to monitor you- it would obviously be much better if you had a different RE who would monitor you. 

---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is my second round on Clomid at 100mg with no results. My RE cancelled my cycle on CD 17 when there was no size different from CD 12 to CD 17. I now have to wait until CD 35 to see if I get my AF and if not, back on Provera.

photo 46122502-649c-4d9b-a99e-dc22cf009d51_zpsf72c5124.jpg photo mason4_zps7f19f81c.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 07/2010, Dx with PCOS 11/2011, H's S/A= Perfect!!! HSG= both tubes clear!
    Round #6- 7.5mg Femara+ .5mg Dex+ 75iu Gonal-F+ hCG trigger+ IUI=BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)- 94 Beta#2(22dpo)- 1,619 Beta#3 (28dpo)- 11,396!!!

Just a Little Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"