August 2012 Moms
Options

i'm pregnant, not disabled. *vent*

hubs & i were supposed to go fishing this weekend with his brother & best friend. then this morning he gets a text from his brother saying "the waves might be too big for her since she's pregnant. so it's a no for her"  um pretty sure if the waves end up being that big, they would end up fishing off the pier & not on the lake anyway. 

i hate that ever since being pregnant, suddenly i'm fragile and apparently incapable of making decisions for myself. >:[ 

blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
Aidan Russell 8/7/12
missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
Shane Ryan 8/25/14
imageimage

Re: i'm pregnant, not disabled. *vent*

• Options
    imageSaltylove:

I hear you. a few weeks ago while visiting my parents, my mom freaked out when I lifted a bag of potatoes out of the cupboard. The bag could not have weighed more than 2 pounds! How does she think I go grocery shopping?

Having said that, unless the ocean is like glass I am done fishing for the summer. I know the ocean is different from a lake, but two weeks ago we got caught in some chop, and I definitely felt uncomfortable and a bit crampy, even though we took it really slow. I am NOT ready for her to come out yet, and don't want to do anything that might cause early labor.

Hopefully the waters are calm, and you get to go fishing this weekend!

lol, a bag of potatoes. really??!

it's probably for the best that i don't go, considering this weekend is supposed to be around 90 both days. i just hate it that my brother in law is always trying to find some excuse for me to not go. i've never even been fishing with them! it's always something stupid like "we can't troll with 4 lines in the water, they'll get tangled". he's never heard of taking turns??

it just enrages me that this time they used the whole "because i'm pregnant" excuse. 

blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'd be going anyway, and the whole time I'd be reminding him that I am a grown adult and unless I am under 18 and he is legally responsible for me and/or he is totally supporting me financially, he will not be telling me that ANYTHING "is a no" for me. I'd make that pretty damn loud and clear, to be honest.
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've gotten that for a month now bc I'm on modified rest and it sucks! God forbid I go to a BBQ on a cool day and put my feet up- no I'm stuck home!
  • Options

Ive had the world's easiest pregnancy so far, and I still get treated like Im fragile, or something. DH's family thinks I should be laying/sitting down all day. MIL calls at least once everyday to "check" on me. "What are you doing, baby?" Sometimes I tell her what Im doing just to piss her off. Like, walking the dogs is one that grinds her gears. She's convinced that all that walking is going to send me into early labor...

A few people at work are also pretty bad. Im a dental assistant, so I have to be behind the chair sometimes not just taking appts up front. Im not behind the chair nearly as much now, because I have to limit my exposure to radiation, but when I am, a few co workers always make a big deal of it. Like, somehow prepping a patient for a procedure, or cleaning some freaking teeth is going to kill my baby or something.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I hear you!  Ever since I hit 30 weeks people have decided to tell me what I can and can't do.  Their excuse is...because of your condition...

Condition?  Do I have a disease? 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • Options

imagepunkrockabye:
    I'd be going anyway, and the whole time I'd be reminding him that I am a grown adult and unless I am under 18 and he is legally responsible for me and/or he is totally supporting me financially, he will not be telling me that ANYTHING "is a no" for me. I'd make that pretty damn loud and clear, to be honest.

This. I've had friends come up to me and ask how I'm feeling and the next words from their mouths is "Do you need anything? Water? A chair?" I appreciate the sentiment but currently I'm capable (and I have DH to call upon if I don't feel like getting something...haha) I'm pregnant, not disabled or dead or incapable... 

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I completely agree my husband think that i cant mop or and because i might hurt the baby it drive me nut
  • Options

I filled in at my old job last week and one of my co-workers (I think she's around 70) kept commenting that I was "the healthiest pregnant woman (she) had ever seen!"  I was really confused by this, I was doing my old job (making costumes) like I had when I was in school.  She just kept going on and on about it.  What was she expecting?  That I was going to complain the whole time?  Go into labor?  Faint?

It was so weird. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"