February 2013 Moms
Options

Crud. Dandruff shampoo.

I've been using dandruff shampoo.  I didn't even think about it until today.  I had a really terrible rash on my head a few months ago from something (probably my former shampoo) and I switched to a medicated one to clear it up.  Now I read it's terrible for the baby!  Guess I'm going shopping tomorrow for a new shampoo and hoping I didn't do permanent damage...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Crud. Dandruff shampoo.

• Options
    What kind are you using? I asked about this at my doctor's appointment, and she said it was fine. I use Head and Shoulders.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options

imageRiverSong82:
    What kind are you using? I asked about this at my doctor's appointment, and she said it was fine. I use Head and Shoulders.

I have Head and Shoulders too.  Hmmmm, I don't have an appt until the end of July!  I might call them and ask though if yours said it was fine.  Of course, tomorrow is Saturday though.  As per the usual, when I have a question for a doctor, it's always on the weekend. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would ask. My doctor said it was okay and she said I could dye my hair too. I Googled the ingredient and it seems to be okay from what I saw. Again, I'm no doctor though, so you should probably talk to yours and see if they okay it. :)

I hate it when you're worried about something on the weekend. I have done this as well. 

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options

Head & Shoulders makes my scalp worse (but I'm weird!).   I've been using Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo a couple times a week & also Neutrogena Clean.   And use this stuff to clear it up if it gets really bad: coal tar shampoo

I alternate the tar shampoo with Ketoconazole (Nizoral 2%), too.

TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
    BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
    Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
    BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I used H&S last time I was pregnant.  (My hair gets so d*mn greasy when I'm pregnant and then my scalp itches...ugh, vicious cycle.)  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebabystoli:

Head & Shoulders makes my scalp worse (but I'm weird!).   I've been using Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo a couple times a week & also Neutrogena Clean.   And use this stuff to clear it up if it gets really bad: coal tar shampoo

I alternate the tar shampoo with Ketoconazole (Nizoral 2%), too.

FYI:  These were definitely on the "don't use while pregnant" list!!  I used Neutrogena last pregnancy because my hair was sooo greasy - I'll probably go back to it.

• Options
    You could also try the tea tree oil shampoos.  They are good for scalp conditions.  I read before that very few people have dandruff it is often just dry scalp which dandruff shampoo makes worse.  There is a shampoo by Paul mitchell called Tea Tree Shampoo.  Its a little expensive but not that bad.  It is very calming.  Try it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"