Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Pedi said she can start on table food...

Our pedi said at Penelope's 6 month well check that we could start feeding her some table food between now and her 9 month check.  I swear this is way earlier than when we did this with DD1.  I was reading her 6 month paper with her stats on it, and it says most babies start a 3 meal/day with a couple snacks kind of schedule at this time...really?! 

Care to share your "meal" schedule (including bottles) with me? 

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Pedi said she can start on table food...

• Options
    We don't have much of a schedule, and she still gets bottles on demand, but if we are sitting down at the table to eat she gets finger foods. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I BF and have been sort of working towards BFing a little less during the day since I'll be going back to work in August and only want to have to pump once during the day, so my schedule might be somewhat different than others, but it's something like this:

First thing in AM: BF
    Within an hour: breakfast of fruit and sometimes cereal
    Nap
    Lunch of fruit and/or vegetable
    BF sometime later
    Nap
    BF
    Dinner of vegetable and sometimes fruit
    BF
    Bed

I'm pretty sure I BF another time at some point, sometimes before a nap if he decides he's still hungry while I'm putting him down.  We haven't started table food yet, but have been practicing with Puffs.  That's what my pediatrician suggested since they melt in his mouth.  She said he needs to be able to pick up the food and put it in his mouth to really be ready for table food.  I know that with DS1, he had some tiny bits of turkey at Thanksgiving and mashed potatoes and he was 8 months old.  I don't feel like DS2 is ready for that yet.  Any time I've tried giving him something more solid, he doesn't really know what to do with it.

Baby Boy #1 born on 3/21/08 
    BFP 8/2/10 (3w5d); No more heartbeat on 8/30/10 (7w4d); D&C on 9/2/10 (8w) - Baby Boy with Triploidy
    BFP 12/3/10 (4w2d); Natural miscarriage 12/12/10 (5w4d) - Unknown cause
    Diagnosed with Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    BFP 3/9/11; Baby Boy #2 born on 11/7/11
    Currently TTC Baby #3

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I BF on demand and he gets about 2 ounces of fruit mixed w/ cereal in the morning and about 2 ounces of a veggie at night.  I just started giving him a few of the baby snacks (mum mum crackers, yogurt melts, etc.) around lunch time if I am eating.  It keeps him occupied.  I introduced solids at 6 months. 

When he's at DC during the school year, he gets three 6 ounce bottles of BM and fruit in the morning.  I BF on demand in the evening and nurse him once before DC.

• Options
    We do 4 7 oz bottles a day. Sometimes 1 or 2 of the bottles will be 8 oz if he seems a little hungrier. I do 2oz of purees 3 times a day. He gets little snacks, really not much, just a couple of puffs or mum-mums or yogurt bites. If there are days he's a little hungrier I up the formula not the table foods. 
    Started TTC - 01/2009 1st BFP - 09/04/09,1st u/s - 10/06/09- no heartbeat seen, D&E - 10/13/09 BFP #2 - 2/12/10, m/c 2/17/10 BFP #3 - 01/03/11 m/c 01/10/11 BFP #4 - 02/21/11 DS born 10/13/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We nurse and he gets bottles at daycare so here's a rough schedule:

- he wakes and nurses

- 7:00/7:30 we do breakfast as a family.  He'll get some fruit (half an apple, half a pear, a plum, some watermelon, etc.), maybe yogurt, egg, some quiche, etc. (This morning he had half a waffle and a slice of avocado)

- On days he has daycare I nurse him again at 8, just so we can squeeze in an extra feeding before he goes and I don't have to pump as often at work.

-8:30-5:30 he's at daycare and has 3-4 bottles.

- I think they do lunch around 11am.  He gets the same thing I pack for DH and I.  Sandwiches, ravioli, pasta, fruit, vegetables, etc. (Yesterday he had portobello mushroom ravioli, pear, and roasted potatoes)

- He has freeze dried strawberries and bananas in his "snack drawer" at daycare just for fun.

- He nurses at 5:30 when I get him home from dinner.

- Dinner around 7pm.  He eats the same thing as DH and I.  (Last night he had a bbq chicken quesadilla and some avocado)

- Last nursing session/bottle around 7:40 before bed.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Our doctor said the same thing to us at his six month appointment too. He's now eight months and we are still only doing baby food and formula. I just don't feel like my guy is ready quite yet, so do what makes you comfortable!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yep, 6 months you can start table food. I started around 7 months because DS just wasn't into it. Now he loves a lot of food, and he's started eating puffs and stuff on his own.

He has 6 ounces of formula 4-5 times per day.

He has solids at breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We breastfeeding and using the baby-led weaning approach to solids so our baby is on table foods already, don't know if our meal schedule will be helpful to you, but here it is:

6:30/45 am: nurse

Daycare 7:45am - 5:30pm : 5 3oz bottles (about 2-2.5 hours apart) + mid-day snack of salad greens and usually some steamed broccoli or whatever leftovers I've packed

6pm snack while I put milk away & wash bottles: avocado in a nibbler & salad greens 

6:30pm: dinner as a family - daughter eats with us, whatever we're having minus the salt 

7:30pm: nurse

nighttime: 1-2 nursing sessions 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"