Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Moms of 2+

Talk to me about packing for vacation.  Holy crap I am overwhelmed.  We are renting a house on the beach for a week.  We are taking our 3 kids (incl my step son).  This is our first trip of this length with the whole family since DD was born. 

Where do I begin!  Where will we put all of this stuff???

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Moms of 2+

• Options
    Yeah we go to the beach every summer for a week, and our car is always completely loaded down!  I always make a list every time we travel.  I'm a little OCD, so I group things into category (Clothing, Bedtime, Bathtime, Mealtime, Playtime, Beach stuff, etc).  Then I list every.single.thing we need to bring for each category.  Each thing gets crossed off once I've packed it.  DH and I share a suitcase, then DD gets her own suitcase and DS gets his own suitcase.  I take a bag of snacks and drinks for the drive there, which stays up front with me.  I also have a bag of things to keep them entertained during the drive (dvd player, books, small toys).  Good luck!   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Same thing w/ the lists! As you make the list, think through a whole day and all the stuff you use. I bring a small medical kit, too, w/ fever-reducing meds, thermometer, and anything else you would be likely to need (allergy meds, etc). I also have a category for electronics--phones, cameras, camcorders, AND chargers/extra batteries.

Bring a great beach bag for lugging your stuff once you get there. I have this one (in a different color) and it was expensive but SOOO worth it. I love it.

https://www.amazon.com/Mesh-Family-Beach-Tote-Carabiner/dp/B002L3J6JU/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341026022&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=saltwater+canvas+beach+baf

Have a great time!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips! I have started my lists already!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemavs_girl07:
    Yeah we go to the beach every summer for a week, and our car is always completely loaded down!  I always make a list every time we travel.  I'm a little OCD, so I group things into category (Clothing, Bedtime, Bathtime, Mealtime, Playtime, Beach stuff, etc).  Then I list every.single.thing we need to bring for each category.  Each thing gets crossed off once I've packed it.  DH and I share a suitcase, then DD gets her own suitcase and DS gets his own suitcase.  I take a bag of snacks and drinks for the drive there, which stays up front with me.  I also have a bag of things to keep them entertained during the drive (dvd player, books, small toys).  Good luck!   

I do exactly this!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I always make lists.  A lot of times we pack a lot of their stuff in boxes instead of luggage.  It's just easier to get to while on the road.  Also, I always tell myself that the only thing that I really need to remember is my purse and the kids.  Anything else that I forget I can buy somewhere.  That keeps me from totally stressing out.  Don't forget to pack some things for them to do in the car.  Our kids aren't big into TV or movies, but when we go on road trips, DVD's keep them entertained for part of the trip.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

First, is there laundry available?
    Second, I usually pack me, DH & the kids all seperately.

If it is packing the kids for MIL, I have to pack all 3 seperate because she lets them go through the bags & ended a trip thinking she didn't have clothes for DD2 when DD1 was wearing them all (Wtf?!).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"