September 2012 Moms
Options

yeast infection advice please

sorry in advance for TMI noticed at 3am this morning when i went to the restroom that when i wiped i wanted to itch. I called the doctor later when it happened again and she said it was a yeast infection. she said i could take monistat a cream ( category C) or she would prescribe me a tabley take it once 150mg and be done ( also category C). I am just curious if anyone else has had a yeast infection thoughts advice.... I will also be trying the baking soda bath and yogurt my OB recommended. thanks ladies

Re: yeast infection advice please

• Options
    I had tried the Monistat cream and it didn't do anything, so they gave me Diflucan and it went away. In my experience, the pill is so much more convenient, especially since Monistat doesn't seem to work when I'm pregnant.
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Options

I'm allergic to the creams (finding that out was NOT fun!), so I take Diflucan. It is class C, but I totally think it is worth it to get rid of it, and it *works*. I've taken Diflucan with both pregnancies (3 pills total  so far this time around) and haven't had any noticeable ill affects.

We're more prone to yeast infections while pregnant. It sucks. I take a daily probiotic to try to decrease my chances. The times I've had to take Diflucan are when I've been on antibiotics (instant infection for me!)

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have to take Diflucan almost everytime I am on atibiotics, including when I was pregnant with DS2.  Doc and pharmacist both assured me that outside the first tri, its perfectly safe.  One pill, and you are done!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    thanks so much ladies!!!!!! Yes they prescribed me diflucan but generic one pill 150mg. Take it once and be done i like that better than putting cream on again and again. my OB said pill is more effective and fine for pregnancy. Thanks again ladies i really appreciate it I have never had anything like this before and this is my first pregnancy. When i was 8 weeks pregnant i had UTI but didn't have any symptons. So you take the pill once and its pretty effective how long to you noticed...? I just did baking soda bath and yogurt as we speak,
  • Options
    I've been struggling with yeast infections this whole pregnancy...I have been using panty liners and changing them regularly to help absorb any discharge so that there is less moisture down there which can cause yeast infections.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The pill will cure this yeast infection. Unless the infection is *severe,* you won't need another pill unless you get a seperate yeast infection.

With all the yeast infections I've had, I've only had to take a second pill once (48-72 hours later), and that was a particularly bad one during my first pregnancy when I tried cream first (that was the last time...ugh) and it just made everything worse.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi there, October lurker jumping. I have had way too many and just one more thing that helps is to of court drink lots of water but stay away from sugar and carbs. Sugar is to yeast like gasoline is to fire. I stick with fruit, veggies and meat. No rice, pastas bread or sweets. Just something else to keep in mind. :-)
  • Options
    I had a yeast infection towards the beginning of my pregnancy. I took the prescription pill to rid of it. My doctor also recommend to use a hair dryer after I get out of the shower to dry down there. The heat helps kill the bacteria. Kinda weird and my husband sure gets a laugh when I do it, but it has worked so far!!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had one.  My OB told me to use the cream.  The more days, the better.  I did the 7 day one but he said even the 3 day one might do the trick.  GL!  Yeast infections are the worst.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagegigglegrl3000:
    thanks so much ladies!!!!!! Yes they prescribed me diflucan but generic one pill 150mg. Take it once and be done i like that better than putting cream on again and again. my OB said pill is more effective and fine for pregnancy. Thanks again ladies i really appreciate it I have never had anything like this before and this is my first pregnancy. When i was 8 weeks pregnant i had UTI but didn't have any symptons. So you take the pill once and its pretty effective how long to you noticed...? I just did baking soda bath and yogurt as we speak,

After I took my pill, I felt better within 24 hours. They had given me another pill to take 2 days later in case the first didn't knock it out (I'm not sure if it was a lower dose..?) so I took the second pill and it hasn't been back since.

• Options
    imageterri_doula2010:

The pill will cure this yeast infection. Unless the infection is *severe,* you won't need another pill unless you get a seperate yeast infection.

With all the yeast infections I've had, I've only had to take a second pill once (48-72 hours later), and that was a particularly bad one during my first pregnancy when I tried cream first (that was the last time...ugh) and it just made everything worse.

I think that's what happened to mine! I had done the cream and it did nothing, seemed like it made it worse, so they swabbed me and gave me two pills, and it took both of them to get rid of it but it hasn't come back.

• Options

Took the pill last night and I'm feeling much better today. Still a little bit itchy but nothing compared to what I'd been feeling (I had to ice down my crotch two nights in a row in order to get comfy enough to fall asleep!)

I guess my advice would be to take the pill.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    thanks again everyone so comforting and helpful advice. I don't think mine is horrible but just want it gone. I took the pill with dinner so hopefully...my normal OB appointment is Tuesday anyway so they will be able to see me then too. Thanks for all the helpful advice. Yes i did read about the hair dryer they on low ? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"