Food Allergy

MSPI help!

Okay experienced ladies-

What are some good lunch and "fast food" options I can have.  I have been eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch and quick grab breakfast for days and I just about can't gag another one down.  Is there anything from stores or chain restaraunts that I can actually eat?  I found the Whole Foods deli to be quite friendly to MSPI today but I can't go there every day.  A drive through option for when I have sleeping kids would be nice!  Or even food I can make at home and take with that doesn't need to be in the 'fridge.

Also, how long until the green poop and crabbiness goes away?  I have been dairy/soy free for about a week and the bloody diapers are gone and the crankiness/gas at night and the green poop remains!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: MSPI help!

• is your bread dairy free?

other lunch options but be sure to read labels:

homemade veggie stew or some other soup...freeze individual portions to make it easy to eat later.

hummus and veggie pita pocket

prepackaged indian curry with rice

I would make a big quinoa salad and eat it for several days:

1 cup (or more) quinoa, cooked and cooled. one chopped red pepper.  one diced cucumber.  kalamata olives to taste.  juice of 3 limes.  salt to taste.  Toss together and keep in the fridge.

grilled/sauteed chicken on a salad...you CAN find salad dressings without milk or soy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • subway, wendy's, panera have allergen menus that u can look up online. pretty much everything at mcdonalds had soy or milk in it. 

you can make a big pasta salad & bring some in a tupperware everyday. 

• Loading the player...
  • it can take 2-4 weeks to get your baby to "normal".  I would also check your bread you are using because I only found one bread that I could eat.  A lot of the fast food places have menu online and tell you what has soy and dairy in it.  I am not sure what places you have, but I know BK Fries and Chicken fries are safe.  The bugers there are but not the buns. Qdoba or chipotal are both safe with the burritos. For my lunches I made ham sandwich with mayo, plain chips, oreos about everyday. For dinner at home I would make chicken, rice, black bean burritos.  For my "sour cream" I found Chiplote flavor mayo.  I love that stuff I also used it to for my chicken tenders.  Good luck, it does get better once you getting a the diet down, i know at first it seams like you cannot eat anything but there is a lot out there.  My favorite thing was coconut ice cream, when buying in the store can be a little prices but if you have an ice cream maker it is super easy and cheap to make.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I found this webite was so helpful when I needed to find food options:

https://www.godairyfree.org/

I even bought the book and it has some really good recipies.

As the others have said, it can take a total of 4 weeks for the milk protein to completely work out. Are you going soy free as well? About 50% of all babies that are allergic to milk protein are also allergic to soy protein. You have to look at all labels, and if you can't find one on the food you want to eat, just err on the side of caution and don't eat it. You can have PaPa John's pizza crust and most of the toppings (aside from cheese of course). There's no milk in their garlic "butter" dipping sauce either!

I will have to say that although Go Dairy Free is an awesome site, some of the food allergy lists from resturants are not up-to-date. So just double check on the actual resturant's website for allergy info. GL! It sounds bad to go without milk, but I did it from December to June with relative ease. My son has just now gotten over his allergy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Someone mentioned mayo not being safe, but real mayo is dairy/soy free. I use godairyfree.org a lot too. Here are my fast food go-to's:

Chick Fila grilled chkn sandwich & fries (they're fries are dairy/soy free)

Subway wheat bun, turkey with lots of veggies (they have other safe options)

McD has a crispy chkn sandwich that's safe, but the fries are not.

I tend to stick to the same things that I've tried & know to be ok for DS. Like others also mentioned, a lot of restaurants have allergen menus available online. If I'm going out to eat I'll usually google 'Chili's dairy free' etc & see what I can find that's safe.

Married: '06 - Mom of 3 boys: '08, '11 & '14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"