Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Naps and bedtime

DD's bedtime is usually around 730. Lately because of naps it's been 8-830. This is making her wake earlier (5 AM). 

She will nap from 9-10-1030 and now she won't want a nap until 4. This is completely throwing off bedtime.

Should I start waking her from her morning nap? I hate to wake a sleeping baby, but I can't push her morning nap back because she turns into a cranky lil monster. 

What would you do during this nap transition craziness?  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Naps and bedtime

• Options
    CottonCotton member

I would put her in the bed at the times she used to take naps, the times you want her to nap. Does she scream if you leave her in there? I would just keep comforting her ever 5-10 min until she gets drowsy. If she doesn't fall asleep in 45 min or so for the pm nap, just get her up and keep her up until 7:30 bedtime. That night might be wild, and the next day, but eventually and you'll be back on track. *at least this is what would work for my babies!

GL.

Elizabeth

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our LO naps around 11am-12:30pm and sometimes she doesn't take another nap until 4pm-5:30pm.  Even though she wakes up at 5:30, we still do the same routine....dinner, play and then bedtime at 7:30-7:45.   For a while, I thought because she napped til 5:30 she should be up later, but that backfired.  We find that she still does better going to bed around 7:30.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our baby is a lazy baby. his bedtime at night is not till really late around 10.30 or 11 pm. but he don't wake up till maybe 9 am. and goes for another nap around 1pm sleeps for an hour or soo then in the afternoon he might take another nap but it all depends if he gets tired if not he will fall asleep by 9 pm and not wake up till nxt morning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"