Babies: 9 - 12 Months

do bottles coincide with meals?

Mine don't.  I'm still following 24 oz/day of formula.  If I give her the bottle first, she won't eat the food.  So I end up doing them separately and give water with meals.  I don't want to force them to coincide and encourage overeating.  Is anyone's LO eating and drinking a whole bottle in the same feeding?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: do bottles coincide with meals?

• I honestly haven't figured this out yet.  I still give her the bottle at her normal eating times and we do solids about 1-1.5 hours after the bottle for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  In the last week or so she's started to eat less at the bottle feedings.  We're down to about 24-28 oz of formula per day.  DD is 9.5 mo, maybe around 10 months I'll start offering solids before the bottle and see how it goes.  She also doesn't quite understand the sippy yet- she can get the water if I help her tip it up, but she doesn't get how to tip it herself yet. 

• Ours don't at all.  I usually give her some water with a meal, and then milk as a snack.  She generally is refusing the bottle and formula now, except for mornings and nights.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageswimiz500:
    Ours don't at all.  I usually give her some water with a meal, and then milk as a snack.  She generally is refusing the bottle and formula now, except for mornings and nights.

This.  DD is down to abot 12-14 oz of formula a day, she'd rather fill up on people food.  She takes 6 oz first thing in the morning, 4 oz as a 4 pm snack, then 4 oz before bed(many times she doesn't finish this bottle.) 

• Ours don't. I haven't really tried yet, though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD's bottles coincide.  For breakfast and dinner she'll drink a 6 oz bottle and then eat her finger foods.  For lunch though they don't coincide at DC but they do at home on the weekends.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Thanks, all.  Our routine is similar to what you all described, but DD isn't eating finger foods.  I still have to puree everything, which I'm getting tired of.  I wish she'd eat some finger foods to make all this a bit easier.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We do them together. Three meals of 4 oz of food plus 6 oz of formula each then an hour before bedtime a 7 oz bottle.  We always feed the solid first then follow w/formula.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"