September 2011 Moms
Options

S/o unhelpful medical professionals

Who was the most helpful doctor/nurse/tech you've encountered since you've started this crazy journey of pregnancy and what did they do/say that made you feel like you were doing alright?

Who was the worst?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: S/o unhelpful medical professionals

• Options
    valzeevalzee member

The worst was the nurse who took my very first blood draw, the hcg number (I think it's called that) was pretty low and she basically told me the pregnancy wasn't viable. When they took the second draw and the number had gone up like it was supposed to she acted completely shocked. That was nice.

My OB was the absolute best though, and still is. She's laid back, straightforward and best of all - small hands. lol

• Options

The best was the substitute pediatrician who was filling in for my pedi when I ended up in the hospital. I had alot of different options for continuing breastfeeding and everyone was giving me different information so I called my pedi and this woman called Children's Hospital to get the run down on all my med and what would happen if i kept bfing. She called me back and told me I had done a great job and it was okay for me to stop. I needed someone to tell me that because continuing would have been very difficult for me and Q.

The worst was the anesthesiologist who came to give me my epi. I was being held tight by a huge nurse, contracting every 2 minutes and fighting puking and he was yelling at me for having minor scoliosis because i was going to be more numb on one side than the other. Who f-ing cares as long as numbness is involved!?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Worst- nurse who took over for my "real" nurse during labor, I was squatting on my knees and using my husband and the nurse for support during contractions/pushing and because I'd already been pushing for 2.5 hours I was tired and had my eyes closed. I reach out for her support and she wouldn't even be lOoking at me! My hand would literally be flinging around mid air searching for her to hold onto! 

Best: my old pedi! Loved him, so sad we had to move and leave him! 

DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• Options

Honestly, I absolutely LOVED all of my and G's nurses in the hospital and nicu.

The nurse who helped me deliver was so helpful and nice, the nurse/LC who discharged us was really nice and helpful.. and really seemed to care about me (sobbing because I had to leave G) I just never expected them to be so compassionate when they deal with so many people all the time, and I know I'm not the first person they have seen leave without a baby.. kwim? 

The worst- the NP at my OBGYN's office. I used to schedule all of my paps with her (pre-preg) then I got pg and had to deal with her more often, for more than a few minutes, and for more important things, and I just realized she is an airhead. I don't mind ditzy people, but when it starts affecting my baby's health, I will no longer like you. I got really sick once while pg, couldn't drink any water without throwing up right away, in and out of consciousness all day, horrible horrible.. and she didn't call me back until my H called and ripped her a new one.. because she didn't check her messages correctly. When I finally went in to the office (not til next day since she took so long calling me back) they said I was pretty close to needing to be in the hospital from dehydration. anyway, sorry for the long story, but I no longer schedule appointments with her.

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options

I love my OB that delivered Max. I figured I'd get the other OB in the practice but I was so excited when she showed up. She is so laid back and made me feel very comfortable. I also loved the L&D nurses. They were friendly, helpful and I had great candor with my L&D nurse. She even checked on me the next day to see how I was doing. I had 2 recovery nurses that I loved. They were so sweet and took wonderful care of me. Max's nurse at night was phenomenal. She was so sad when it was time for us to go home. She fell in love with him!

As far as bad care, we didn't get our choice of pedis while in the hospital. The hospital has their own pediatric unit. Max had complciuations and we were left in the dark about so many things. I finally broke down and demanded someone come and tell me what was going on. It was not until the next day the a-hole pedi shows up and freaked me out. I don't want to say exactly what happened since we filed a formal complaint and are trying to recover some money. But let's just say if Max was as sick as he made him sound, someone should have told me what the heck was going on.

I also had a nurse practitioner tell me I gained too much weight and made me cry. The next week, the founding OB checked me and was happy with my weight and had no worries. I had gained 35 pounds at that point and delivered a week later. 

• Options

The best: My NP during the whole pregnancy and OB plus three hospital nurses during O's delivery. They were just amazing. I think if it were anyone else I would have ended up with an e-c/s or maybe not be here. 

Worst: rude receptionists and the people at the hospital who didn't know anything about anything or where I needed to go for blood draw and rhogam. 

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

My OB was the best. She was chill, awesome, casual, made me laugh. When it came time to push, she rubbed her hands together and pulled the chair around and yelled, "SHAKE AND BAKE." Hilarious lady. 

Worst was the nurse for the early stages of labor. It took her five tries to get my IV in, blood running all over the place, collapsed my vein but kept trying. I had to be induced and I was pretty bummed about it, but resigned, and she acted so rude about it. Said I was being ridiculous. Also, pushed hard for an epi. Every time I finished a nasty contraction she'd smirk and say, "Still don't want the drugs?" 

Ugh. Hated her, so much. 

• Options
    I loved loved loved my L&D nurse. She was so nice and encouraging and kept praising me the whole time for going med-free. I had other nurses come in afterward and say "Pam told us you were the natural birth rock star last night!" Oh Pam. I wanted to bring her home with me. Worst was probably the delivering OB. She wasn't terrible but didn't have a very good bedside manner, yelled at my sister for trying to videotape the birth which no one had told me ahead of time we couldn't do, and acted like we were crazy when I was gasping in pain over being stitched back up and my mom asked her to use more lidocaine because I could clearly feel everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"