Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Bad nursing suddenly @ 4 months

Because Tiny, normally an awesome eater, has fallen to total sh!t while eating unless he's STARVING. He's on and off, and he started biting (thats a treat) This is going to pass right? I do not remember this with Buddy. Its making me nuts, and when I pull him off after biting he cries and it makes me sad, but, my nipples. yo.  
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Bad nursing suddenly @ 4 months

• Options
    mine is the same way, minus the biting. thank goodness. i kind of have a feel for when I think she is full enough to last til her next feeding, so for the most part I have just resigned myself to things being on and off on and off. She likes to look around, smile, talk, burp, whatever. at first i found it annoying, but then i was getting, well, annoyed. profound right? now I just try to enjoy it, but it can certainly be frustrating.
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • Options

Its sweet, he talks and smiles and burps and stuff while nursing. But I just wish he understood, eat don't get fussy, if you eat now, we can spend lots of time snuggling and "chatting" 

The biting is making me nuts though. It HURTS 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD hasn't ever bitten, but I've read that if they are actively nursing, their mouth is positioned where they CAN'T bite, so if you watch him closely and pull him off as soon as he's done, that might help?  As for the distractedness that happened to us right at 4 months too - they rapidly are becoming much more aware of and intersted in their surroundings, so they aren't as focused on eating and want to see what they're missing. This also resulted in DD being hungry and wanting to eat all.night.long for a few weeks. Awesome. If you can, nurse in a quiet, dark room with white noise to get him to focus on the task at hand.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Distracted nursing is very normal at this point.  Our ped even warned me about it at our 4mo appointment.  For us it lasted about 3w.  She still does it occasionally, especially in the evening when DH is home and the dogs are running around (because there's a lot going on all of a sudden).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"