2nd Trimester
Options

Tired and not feeling cute - hubs hs reunion this wknd

I didn't sleep that well last night (thanks to baby), so I'm sure that's part of this.

DH's high school reunion is this weekend, and I really do want to look cute for him, but it is BLOODY HOT out there, and i REALLY want to be comfortable too! I'm at the point where I have what looks more like a chubby little roll than a cute little bump under most of my clothes, and i just don't FEEL cute or sexy.

There's a social tonight, a cook out tomorrow, and a more formal dinner tomorrow night.

Help!

And i'm shaken then i'm still. When your eyes meet mine, i lose simple skills. Like to tell you all i want is now. Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tired and not feeling cute - hubs hs reunion this wknd

• Options
    What about either a loose dress or a maxi dress? I had this looser one I bought at old navy and it hid everything! Love it. Or the maxi's are super popular right now and they also hide things quite well Stick out tongue Just some options for you!
    V|V TSP V|V
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I know the feeling...hang in there!  I found that before I 'popped' at 22-23 weeks, some of my non-maternity 'maternity friendly' tops were more flattering than actual maternity wear.  Look for empire waisted tops with a print - that's what worked for me anyway!  

I was a heels girl pre-pg, and I looked at being pg as an excuse to buy a couple of awesomely cute flats.  I like to play up the shoes and accessories when I am feeling 'blah' about the rest.  

And remember...your H will probably think you're cute even if you don't feel it right now.  Mine always notices if I dress up, even if I feel like I should be wearing yoga pants and t-shirts.  :-) 

Love 06/2005 | Marriage 05/28/2011 | Baby! Peanut born on his due date, 9/30/12 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekatielynn01:
    What about either a loose dress or a maxi dress? I had this looser one I bought at old navy and it hid everything! Love it. Or the maxi's are super popular right now and they also hide things quite well Stick out tongue Just some options for you!

Good idea! I may have to run by ON on my way home...

He was killing me last night. "What about that really cute top with the one shoulder?" Oh, the one i can't wear b/c my strapless bra overfloweth now? *sigh*
    And i'm shaken then i'm still. When your eyes meet mine, i lose simple skills. Like to tell you all i want is now. Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Check out the Gap. They have a black maxidress with v-neck, tigher under the bust and then long a loose. It looks FAB while pregnant. LOVE IT!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Make sure your hair and makeup are slamming. Throw on great jewelry. Even if you wear all black, you'll be stunning. And, if you can wear an empire waist sundress or tank top, you'll look pregnant and cute.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

All you need is the pregnancy GLOW.... and a few hot accessories!!!

I bought a really inexpensive and cute dress at H&M recently. It was a basic t-shirt dress, with little folded sleeve and breast pocket details - perfect for the social or bbq. It came in black, nude, jade, coral, and mustard, I believe, and was under $13! Really a great summer dress to accessorize with. Pairs perfectly with a belt right over the bump!

Good luck and have fun! 

• Options
    Saw some cute dresses at Target last night!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"