Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Are we a considered a "sensitive group"?

I know it's been really hot other places for several weeks, but here in the south it just started getting turbo hot this week. 

Ive been watching the news and the air quality yesterday was "unhealthy for sensitive groups" and today the rating is just plan old "unhealthy". I've lived here a while and never had trouble with the air quality.

Yesterday I went for a walk (as I do daily) and later in the day I laid out at the pool for about 2 hours. Last night I got a headache and went to be early. Each time I woke up to pee the headache continued. The headache has continued into today. I am peeing clear so I know I'm not dehydrated. So now I'm questioning the air quality. Has anyone found a connection there? Are we (pregnant women) considered a "sensitive group"? 

My DH (who is probably right) say, "babe, you've got a headache cause your pregnant, it's just that simple!"  Grrr! 

Re: Are we a considered a "sensitive group"?

• Options
    Well I have no idea really....but just being the paranoid pgal lady I am I'd probably restrict my outdoor activity if the air quality was "unhealthy."  Not like turn into a hermit, but maybe not lay by the pool for two hours?  I dunno... maybe ask your doctor?
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• Options
    My guess is that the sensitive groups they're talking about are people with asthma, lung disease, etc. Still, I would probably also restrict my outdoor activity a little and ask my doctor the next time I saw him.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmm.. good question.  I'm not sure either but I had a raging headache last night too.  To the point that I was almost dizzy when I stood up.  We only have window units though and it was still 87 in our house. Miserable!! I just laid there with a cold wet towel on my head .. drinking water after water after water. I wasn't sure what else to do. I feel a little bit better this morning but it's really hot today too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't think we're considered a sensitive group like infants or the elderly, but the last time we had a super heat wave my midwife did tell me to take it easy.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I know the EPA sometimes classifies pregnant and breastfeeding groups in "sensitive groups" but I don't know if it applies to air quality warnings. My guess would be it's more children, the elderly and people with conditions like asthma.
    DD Lea 04/21/10
    DS Nathan 12/4/12
    BFP: 3/31/15 EDD: 12/4/15

MC: 7/2011, 12/2011
  • Options
    Okay, I just happened to be working on an article about an air pollution advisory (I'm a journalist) and just got off the phone with our Regional Air Pollution Control Agency. Sensitive groups doesn't include pregnant women.
    DD Lea 04/21/10
    DS Nathan 12/4/12
    BFP: 3/31/15 EDD: 12/4/15

MC: 7/2011, 12/2011
  • Options

Thx!

• Options
    I'd be more concerned about you getting overheated laying out in the sun for 2 hours!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i'm in the sensitive group, but i'm slightly asthematic pre-pregnancy so i'm just going to avoid the "bad" air as i can.  but as i work full time, it can't be avoided completly. 

if you can do your exercize in the am rather than pm, i've found the air better then in addition to just being cooler.

how far along are you?  i'm running into the issue where baby is squishing into my diaphram so i'm a little more oxegyn deprived than usual.  no headaches yet though.  also, depending on where you are in your pregnancy, headaches are super normal. 

10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • Options
    ateachateach member
    I get headaches when dehydrated. Make sure you are drinking a lot of water!
    1 Baby Girl 12/28/12 
    #2 due 11/28/14
    2 Angel Babies 9/11, 2/12

• Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"