Cloth Diapering
Options

Yeast Diaper Rash - as I suspected

I'm treating her bum with Canesten and hydrocortizone cream (as per dr's recommendation).  It was suggested to keep using cloth as chemicals in disposables can cause irritation, but now I'm reading about yeast infecting the cloth, and making it harder to get rid of the rash without using bleach in the wash etc.

So if you've dealt with yeast, what did you do?  Cloth and bleach?  Disposables until rash cleared up?  Something else?

Re: Yeast Diaper Rash - as I suspected

• Options
    aveehaveeh member
    Id be careful using those creams on cloth, I doubt they are Cd safe. When dd had yeast I just gave in and used disposables until it cleared up. You also want to be sure to strip your diapers and I sun dried a lot to make sure the yeast was out. Good luck, yeast sucks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I used disposables until rash was gone plus one week. I treated my diapers with 1/4cup bleach and added some tea tree oil and grapefruit seed extract to wash also. I also made sure my water heater was turned up. I also sunned my diapers. No problems since.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use disposables and send EVERYTHING, even if you don't think it touched it, through a very hot wash with bleach. This includes any wipe and liners you have. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have switched to cloth while treating yeast, and stayed in cloth. 

To properly kill the yeast in your diapers, liners, wetbags, wipes, etc you need to do the following: bleach your diapers with chlorine bleach, as well as adding 15-20 drops of tea tree oil and/or grapefruit seed oil. I would add the TTO to the pre rinse, then the bleach and GFSE to the hot wash. The essential oils are the only things that will kill the yeast spores.

If you are going to switch to sposies, then do the wash routine and then set everything aside until the rash is gone (you need to treat for a couple days after skin has cleared as well). If you are going to stay in cloth then you need to do the wash routine with every wash until everything has been clear for a few days. For us this meant about 4 washes with this routine.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"