Adoption
Options

So we are going to start using an adoption consultant

DH and I are going to speak with someone at Christian Adoption Consultants next week about adding them to our "team." The agency we are currently working with has had no movement on their waiting list and because it is in-state only, we feel like we've really limited ourselves in our search.

Has anyone used a consultant? Can you give me any advice or tell me what to expect? I feel like this is going to be really different than what we are currently experiencing  - which is a long wait with no contact from our agency.

Thanks! Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: So we are going to start using an adoption consultant

• Options

We worked with Karalee from Christian Adoption Consultants and LOVED her. It was so nice to have someone to talk to and work everything out with. It was like having an insider working for you. In our home state, the wait is generally very long and I wasn't willing to wait like that after all we'd been through. We signed with her, matched in under 2 weeks and our son was born less than 10 weeks after that. Amazing.

Here is one thing I will tell you, be prepared to do a lot of the legwork yourself. They give you a list of agencies and situations and then you can send your paperwork or call the social workers yourself. I liked that aspect of it, it made me feel like I had some control over my own life again. The only reason I mention it is because I don't think people know that about working with consultants. 

Feel free to email me with any specific questions you have. josiekolasa (at) gmail (dot) com

Best of luck!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Moved to Domestic Adoption 9/09 Matched 10/09 Sweet little Luke was born 12/9/09!
  • Options

you have a PM.

:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrsKolasa:

We worked with Karalee from Christian Adoption Consultants and LOVED her. It was so nice to have someone to talk to and work everything out with. It was like having an insider working for you. In our home state, the wait is generally very long and I wasn't willing to wait like that after all we'd been through. We signed with her, matched in under 2 weeks and our son was born less than 10 weeks after that. Amazing.

Here is one thing I will tell you, be prepared to do a lot of the legwork yourself. They give you a list of agencies and situations and then you can send your paperwork or call the social workers yourself. I liked that aspect of it, it made me feel like I had some control over my own life again. The only reason I mention it is because I don't think people know that about working with consultants. 

Feel free to email me with any specific questions you have. josiekolasa (at) gmail (dot) com

Best of luck!!!

We are also still considering this. I know you and I have chatted via email back in the day and I still lurk and check on your blog. Your little boy is getting so big:)

We decided to keep TTC and ended up with another ectopic PG.  So I think after 3 and only having 1 fallopian tube that doesn't work very well and the doctors keep advising against it, we are mentally prepping to move onto adoption and I'm 90% sure we will use CAC and Karalee.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"