Infertility Veterans

EPP Antagonist protocol

Ordered my meds for IVF #2 yesterday.  I'm going to have one helluva box on my doorstep!  Speaking of which, anyone here not dx POF (that you know of anyways) but have experience with EPP Antagonist protocol?  I'm hoping this gives us more & better quality eggs to work with.

AF is due 7/1ish & they'll be shipping my meds 7/12.  My box of fun includes: Menopur, Ganirelix, HCG trigger, PIO & Vivelle Patches.  I will also be taking Follistim but didn't have to order any since I had some left over (sometimes cleaning your fridge pays off!) & had a friend give me her unused stash (woot!).  DH is not thrilled about giving my PIO shots but between my mom & sister I will have help.  I'm fine with needles but not sure if I can angle it into my a$$ the right way (God that sounds bad). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: EPP Antagonist protocol

• My second IVF was EPP-Antagonist, and I'm DOR with egg quality issues. Info in siggy. It didn't help me, but because of my super short LP, I didn't get much actual EP - I think I got in only 2 patches, so I'm not convinced it really could have. I hope it works for you!
    TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • I'm DOR with egg quality issues and if we do IVF we'll do EPP-Antagonist.  The first IVF we did micro dose lupro flare and whle it wasn't a failure, we are hoping EPP might give us slightly better results.

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • mm29mm29 member
    I believe worms did epp and is not dor or pof. I was on Sirm's epp, but it did not result in a pregnancy for me. I wish you all the best with your upcoming cycle!!!
    ::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
  • Ticker/Siggy warning: 

lurks in:: I don't want to step on any toes, but I have PCOS/Endo and did EPP Antagonist.  I had a much better response to this protocol than I did the long lupron we tried with IVF #1.  We had 2x as many eggs retrieved and a better overall fert report. 

lurks out::

• I did epp antagonist for my third Ivf.  I actually have no fertility issues other than being AMA.  Its supposed to be "kinder" to ur eggs. It wasnt a good cycle for me, but I think due to my husbands horrid sample...not the protocol. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"