Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

bedtime meltdowns

My LO is 18months and in the last few weeks has been screaming and crying the minute I put him to bed.  Before this we had the same routine, shower, PJs, books, songs, bed, and he would tell me "nigh night", and point to his bed.  Now it is crying every single night.  I don't know what to do. I've tried going to bed a bit earlier, soft music, nada!  I usually end up going back in there if he cries more than 10 minutes to calm him but it doesn't always work and sometimes (like right now) just gets him more upset.  Help!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: bedtime meltdowns

• Options
    Anything new he could be afraid of? Maybe try something like this? https://kinderglo.com/ Our son has one and - usually - it calms him down when upset...the moon has a little handle on it he likes to hold onto and likes to look inside playing peek a boo. They also have those units that shine a star pattern onto the ceiling?
  • Options
    Maybe he's becoming more aware that he's going to bed and the fun day is ending and you are still up :)  Our LO still does that every so often.  It could just be a phase so hopefully it will be over before you know it.  Just try to stick with your routine.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My 19 mo old has been doing this too. We moved about a month ago, and I thought it was that, but I had thought that she would have grown comfortable with her new room by now. It has tapered off some--she'll go to bed like she did before about 3 out of 7 nights, but I can commiserate. I've tried a lot of things--bed time snack, going to bed earlier, rocking (endlessly) in the rocking chair, singing, reading, everything I can think of. Sometimes I just end up letting her stay up--even though I know that is not the right thing to do--sometimes it's the only way to keep my sanity intact.

I might try that kinderglo thing. It looks cool. Maybe it will help.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"