October 2011 Moms
Options

Fellow Canadians! What are your plans this weekend?

So, since I saw the 4th of July thing....what's up with you guys on Canada Day?!

I have decided that I want to have a quiet day of BBQing, walking the dog together, maybe a hike. Also a friend's band may play somewhere open air and we may stop by with A. I did buy baby sound surpressors, just in case.

I also plan to take some photos of A, he is a little Canadian (in oppose to mom) and it's his first Canada Day. Maybe we take my maternity pics at the same time.

All I need now is a cute outfit with a maple leaf on it. Incredibly, my local Zellers didn't have any. I will be on the hunt tomorrow. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Fellow Canadians! What are your plans this weekend?

• Options
    LCassLCass member

Walmart had a cute onesie that I picked up for Lily that says "Canadian Cutie" on it.  They might have some cute boy ones, too.  They didn't have any good adult ones, though, but DH and I bought shirts for ourselves at Niagara Falls last week.  I also got some temporary tattoos and a little flag for Lily to wave around.

Friends of ours live in a small town (just outside of our city) that has a HUGE Canada Day celebration every year.  This year it's especially big because of the 200 year anniversary of the war of 1812.  There's a re-enactment of a local water battle, complete with tall ships, happening on Saturday.  Then Sunday they have an annual parade, market filled with tons of vendors and an AMAZING fireworks display.  I'm not sure if we'll check out the re-enactment, but I do know we'll spend Sunday at their place.  Another friend often borrows his dad's boat for the day and we spend some time on the water, but I don't know if we're doing that this year.  And another couple is going to come out from my hometown and spend Saturday night at our place to be part of the festivities.  I'm really excited for this weekend!

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options
    I posted in the other thread, but on Canada Day we are having a bunch of people over for a BBQ. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jwls84jwls84 member
    DH is in Saskatchewan for work still, so I am going to spend the weekend at the lake with B and my mom. We might go see the fireworks depending on how late they are. DH is hoping to be back Sunday so he might drive out to the lake to see us, it has been a very long week without him so I really hope he does make it back!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Cottage.  All. Week.  Then Minnesota for a wedding next weekend. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"