Natural Birth

Hi! Can I join you?

I'm Liz. I'm due with baby no. 2 in November.

My first pregnancy was uneventful and healthy. I was induced, post dates, by my doctor who was going on vacation.  I wanted a natural birth, but didn't prepare very well. I ended up with an epidural, after not being able to handle the pitocin.  I lasted 7 hours. I delivered 5 hours later. I pushed for 45 minutes, and DD was sunny side up.

I'm older and wiser this time, and have been preparing for birth. I will not be induced this time (unless absolutely necessary) as I think this is where I went wrong last time.  

I found out yesterday that I have blood disorder that will not allow me to have an epidural this time (Gestational Thrombocytopenia). It makes me a little nervous to know that I now don't have a choice, but I'm trying to make it empower me.

I look forward to getting to know you all! 

image Here comes number 2! EDD 11.8.12 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hi! Can I join you?

• Welcome, I'm glad you found us :)  The girls on this board are so friendly and helpful, don't hesitate to ask any questions that pop into your head!
  • Welcome! I highly recommend Hypnobirthing, you sound motivated and I'm sure you can do it. Hypnobirthing should give you the confidence you need. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"