High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Subchronic Hematoma?

Hello -

I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant.  During my 5th week, I started to get that brown blood, then turned to pink mixed with brown then to a brick red brown and then red, then clots and then back to brown constantly. Today was mostly bright red.

This is my first pregnancy and I'm completely terrified.

I've gone for 3 vaginal ultrasounds and the doctor and tech do not see where I could be bleeding from.  They said the gestational sac is growing and looks good?  

My husband and I are going Monday for another ultrasound to see if anything is growing in the sac.... I can feel the stretching, minor a/f feeling discomfort/cramps.. but no strong cramps like a m/c....I did notice, that I bleed more at work (where there is a ton of stress, fast paced environment where I have to keep getting up and down from my desk) than at home.. where I can rest.

I am just starting to get my blood work going.  Yesterday they did a work up including my blood type (hoping to find out the results tomorrow) to try and rule things out.

I'm just curious, when I look around online I see a ton of people talking about being diagnosed with this, but I haven't seen anyone talk about not knowing where they are bleeding from.  It's taking such an emotional toll, I have a hard time functioning - I always thought I would be happy during my pregnancy (minus the common discomforts) not depressed and terrified  =(

Sorry for a long post, thanks for reading.

Re: Subchronic Hematoma?

• Options

My BFF was d/x with a sub. hem. with DD #2 at 6 weeks. It lasted until 14 weeks. DD #2 is now 6.5.

Keep feet elevated and drink plenty of water. Best of luck!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options

I had a SCH. I had large bleeds at 11, 12 and 13 weeks, thought for sure I had lost the pregnancy. My OB told me that they usually resolve themselves by 20 weeks, I was put on restrictions: no lifting, excercising and pelvic rest. Then I went home and started googling and what was most scary was what can happen even AFTER the SCH is resolved. I then began to worry about PPROM, Preterm Labor and Placental Abruption. I am still worried about these things but I saw the Perinatologist on Tuesday and my SCH appears to be gone, I asked him now what my odds are of these things happening, he said I am definitely at a higher risk of these things happening but only about a 10% chance, which is only a bit higher than a normal pregnancy.

I have been a mess for the last 8 or 9 weeks. I felt like you, I should be happy right now, not scared to death. I am still scared but I feel much better after seeing the Peri, and learning that 9 out of 10 pregnancies make it to full term once the SCH have resolved. All you can do is rest and drink LOTS of water. I will be thinking about you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had an SCH from weeks 5-13.  It was terrible.  I had bright red blood with fist-sized clots.  Each time I assumed that I had miscarried but every time I went in for an u/s, D would be there wiggling away.  Then all the sudden the bleeding stopped.  I never went on bed rest but in hindsight I probably should have. 

I hope yours resolves soon.  Good luck! 

(Premature birth unrelated to SCH) 

• Options

I have a SCH with this pregnancy.

I started bleeding and cramping at 6 weeks.  An u/s at 6w3d showed a small SCH.  I spotted/bleed until 3 weeks ago.  And it started up again today. 

*~*Mommy to*~*
    BFP#1 Kaitlyn 11-17-04
    BFP #2 Matthew pPROM 23w5d 06-03-07, b/33 weeks 8-6-07, d/10-15-07 SIDS,
    BFP #3 m/c 8 weeks 2/20/09, BFP #4 m/c no hb 6w4d, m/c 9w4d, D&C 11w2d, BFP #5 C/P 12/18/09 after BFP- 9dpo
    BFP #6 Samantha- 11-9-10
    BFP #7 4/20/12 21 DPO beta: 2382 29 DPO beta: 23000! HB 6w2d 116 bpm due Christmas day!
    This Momma's Journey
    ~Today I am pregnant and I love my baby~ BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Hi,

I was just lurking, but I have an SCH. I understand your feelings, so scary not to be able to know what's going on. Sometimes the SCH is so small that it can't be detected on the ultrasound, but can still cause blood (and stress!). Maybe yours is to small to show up yet. My advice is to drink lots, take it fairly easy, and don't google anything! I found it made me worry more. Any questions that I have, I usually ask on one of these boards and get a lot of positive responses.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was dx with SCH at 6 weeks.  The day after they found it, during my u/s, I started to bleed heavily.  The bleed lasted for 4 days.  My dr. advised me to lay flat in bed, feet raised, for the duration of the bleed (no going to work).  I'm currently on pelvic rest (no sex), no lifting, and no exercise.  i haven't had a bleed in 2 weeks, but the hematoma is still quite visible during u/s.  
    image">

image"">
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options

Thanks everyone.  I believe yesterday I miscarried and finally passed the sac this afternoon.  So, I guess it was just a slow miscarriage after all.  The cramps started and then became more intense.  This was my first miscarriage.  I'm sure the u/s and blood work results on Monday will confirm it all (despite seeing the sac). 

It's something else.  I never thought my 1st pregnancy would end up like this, but I need to just keep my head high and hope that my next pregnancy will result in a healthy happy baby.  

Good luck to you all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"