1st Trimester
Options

Slimfast

First off I'm not trying to diet while pregnant. I just wanted to see what you ladies think of drinking one of these drinks as an in between meal type snack. I'm 8 weeks and have been having the hardest time finding foods that I want to eat and also constantly keeping something on my stomach so I'm not queasy.
"Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today"

Re: Slimfast

• Options
    I think it's fine. I drink an Ensure or GNC Lean Shake when I'm having a hard time eating or for breakfast. My doctor said it was fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
     I thought I was the only one doing this!!! I drink Slimfast. it's one of the few things I can keep down.  I don't substitute it for a meal but drink it as a snack too.  I rather drink a slimfast shake that has vitamins and minerals than to eat junk food.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd rather make a smoothie with whole fruits and yogurt then drink something processed and laced with chemicals
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!
  • Options
    sesigssesigs member

imageNicoleR524:
    I'd rather make a smoothie with whole fruits and yogurt then drink something processed and laced with chemicals

Ditto. I slice up fruit and stick it in the freezer so I can make smoothies really quickly with Greek yogurt and a little OJ. I also put spinach in it because that is pretty much the only way I can get down green leafies at this point!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I drink Ensure, they're more for weight gain than loss, and have like 25% DV of a ton of vitamins. I drink them in the morning because I'm usually queasy but I never feel like eating. They're good for in a pinch so I don't turn to junk food instead.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options
    If you're going to drink it, I'd vote for the GNC Lean Shake.  Go for as much protein as you can find.  The ready made GNC Lean Shakes have 25g of protein and only 6g of carb.  Slimfast doesn't pack that powerful a punch. 
    Samuel Gregory-born 2/28/08 at 35w,5d due to severe pre-e and HELLP. 6lbs, 12 oz, 19 inches. Elijah Robert-born 11/23/09 at 38w,5d. 11 pounds, 10 ounces, 21.5 inches. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers <a href="http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/xx46/carlyn_mcclelland/Facebook/Cover Photos/?action=view
  • Options

imageNicoleR524:

I agree 100%

Missed m/c found @ 10 weeks - May 2010
    Missed m/c found @ 10.5 weeks - August 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"