Stay at Home Moms
Options

Wording question?

There is a job posting for a paid child care position at my dads church that I am interested in applying for. It's every Wednesday night and every other Tuesday night for two hours. I want to email and ask if bringing my children would be allowed? How do I professionally ask that?
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wording question?

• Options
    I had a similar situation with a bible study daycare I applied for. I just put right there in the reply, "If I would be able to bring my children with me, I would like to be considered for the position." I felt it was honest and upfront. I got the position, so they couldn't have been too offended. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe and Ashley ~ June 16, 2007 ~ Olivia Rae ~ May 12, 2008 ~ 9:06 pm ~ 8lbs 4oz ~ 20.5 inches ~ Miscarriage of twins ~ April 16, 2009 at 6 weeks. ~ Surprise BFP 6/23/09 13DPO ~ Eleanor Rose ~ February 18, 2010 ~ 6lbs 15oz ~ 20 inches ~ Caroline Ruth ~ February 19, 2013 ~ 6lbs 12 oz ~ 19 1/4 inches

Our family is complete!

• Options

That's tough, if the position is to watch a group of children they might go for it but if it is one person looking for a caregiver, they might not be keen on you bringing your children.

You might want to call the church and see if one of the admins knows the answer before you apply so you don't have to do it in the interview.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageashley0616:
    I had a similar situation with a bible study daycare I applied for. I just put right there in the reply, "If I would be able to bring my children with me, I would like to be considered for the position." I felt it was honest and upfront. I got the position, so they couldn't have been too offended. 

This.

http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Options
    You could also ask if there is space in the program for your children. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"