Trouble TTC
Options

First RE appointment?

What should I expect? Is there usually an internal exam? They said to plan for 90 minutes! That seems like such a long time!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First RE appointment?

• Options
    We had an initial meeting that was probably 45 minutes, then they did an u/s because I was CD12, and then met with the person in charge of billing to go over costs and what my insurance covers. Mines was probably close to 90 min actually

**SIGGY WARNING**

TTC since Nov 2010 | Me: 29, DH: 31 
    DX - Severe DOR, Stage II Endo
    6 rounds medicated TI, 3 failed IUIs, 2 failed IVFs
    After nearly 4 years of trying, our 1st BFP on IVF #3 (5R, 3M, 3F, 3 day 5 blasts frozen) 
    FET - Beta #1 - 116, Beta #2 - 266!! 1st U/S on 10/6 - HB 121 and measuring perfectly! EDD 5/30/15

Everyone Welcome
    Baseball, Beagles, Beer and Babies Blog

imageimageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We had a meeting with our RE that was prob 45 min or so, then we scheduled an SA for MH, and I had some bloodwork done. Pretty easy and painless, but we got a lot of info which was nice..
    Patiently waiting for our 1st since 9/2010.
    Dealing with MFI, good count, good motility, 3% morph-HSG all clear, all other test results came back normal, IUI is our next step
    May 2012- Clomid 50mg + IUI = BFN
    June- Cycle Break
    July- Forced cycle break due to cysts
    August- Femara, Trigger, IUI#2= ?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I guess I didn't expect to be so nervous, I really appreciate the responses.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagejustplanelove:
    I had a vaginal u/s & blood work at my first appt along with a very long chat to discuss my medical history.

This.  

imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    First we met with the Dr, who interviewed both of us to collect information.  He also told us about various treatment options that would depend on what the testing finds.  Then I had a date with the dildocam.  I was ovluating that day, so it was pretty cool!  We spent about 60 minutes in the office.  The following morning, I had a phone conference with the finance department to go over my insurance coverage and what different things will cost.  Good luck at your appointment!
    My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• Options

Alot of information at once! We met with our RE, she went through ALL of my medical records and all of my hubby's SA's and test. She also asked alot of questions in regards to family history. Our RE went through my medical records page by page to discuss with us the test that we had taken and what the results meant. She also explained what she thought would be the best course of action to take for our situation which was IUI first then IVF. She also gave us alot of stat's in regards to IUI's vs IVF. I had a notebook and wrote down things I thought were important ie...med's she thought would work well for my body and also cycle start dates etc. My hubby actually asked her if he could record the converstation so if there was something that we didn't understand or missed we could go back and listen to the conversation again. We left with a huge folder of information that took us about a week or so to go through and understand. We also meet our nurse and the lab techs which was pretty cool. They also gave us a tour of the facility and took photo's of us both for our folders. I was told that our exam would be the 3 day of my cycle.

Our insurance covers our IUI's so before I even made our appointment I called our insurance to see if they did cover it and if I need to get preauthorized wihich I did. When i called to make our first appointment I had to give them our insurance preauth # and at the end of the visit we meet with the financial coordinator to discuss what out OOP cost would be and what our insurance would take care of.

Your going to recieve alot of info and it's all going to be so much that I would def suggest writing it down & even calling back to speak to someone if you don't completely understand it all.  Good luck :)

IAmPregnant Ticker
    Enjoy life, smile alot, and always be positive!
  • Options
    Sony22Sony22 member

My meeting was much like this. Met with the dr, talked things over, we already knew DH count was low and he was already on treatment, vag ultrasound, blood work and then scheduled HSG. Emotionally, it was very taxing. I had expected the ultrasound or bloodwork and I was upset about having to have a work-up. I think I was still in denial about having IF issues.

Good Luck!

Me 33. DH 32. TTC Since 6/2011. 12/2012-m/c, CP. DH: MFI. CCT/HSG/day 3 blood work-all nl. IVF#1 ER- 8/7/12, ET- 8/10. beta 8/25 neg, I did not respond as expected. AMH: 0.88. IVF#2 BCP-10/19. Micro flare Lupron-Nov: It's a bust. IVF#3 Planned for Feb '13 with a long lupron protocol ON OUR OWN!!! BFP- 1/12/13. Yay! EDD 9/18, now EDD 9/25
  • Options

Through kaiser, so the doctor had all of our paperwork

We had to do all the blood work and I had to get my chickenpox vaccine before we even set up an appointment with the RE (DH had also seen the urologist).

We filled out a lot of paperwork for the clinic, so met with the doctor, who explained what was happening and what would happen for the IUI - he was able to look at our forms and ask follow-up questions.

He answered all of our questions, and then I had a vaginal ultrasound where I was told I had a beautiful uterus and a lot of "huevos." :)

So that's why it can take so long.

Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"