June 2011 Moms
Options

What is LO's favorite toy(s) right now?

I feel like I need something new for DD. We aren't big on oodles of toys. She has one toy bin but some of the toys are too "young" for her. She has a stride-to-ride lion, a FP Farm, Duplos, and a set of magnetic letters. That's about all that she plays with regularly. Now that she is walking, I want something that gets her up and moving. So what does your LO love to play with right now?

Re: What is LO's favorite toy(s) right now?

• Options
    2 dollar rubber balls from old navy that light up when they are hit. we have 3 of them because they are as close as he comes to a security item. he throws and runs and throws and runs and...you get the idea!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

An activity table she pulls up to standing to play at, a big pink ball that's bigger than her, a play telephone (like the rotary style), a little tractor that pulls the farmer and animals, and blocks that we use to build towers that she destroys.

She has a baby picnic table and a ladybug riding toy that she is still figuring out/growing into.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    nfrtnynfrtny member

I put all of the toys that aren't age appropriate anymore away. All the baby stuff is packed up and stored in his closet and under his crib. Right now, his favorites are his play dirt devil vacuum, 20 bucks, his broom, 10 bucks, and his ball popper, 15? Bucks. And he loves throwing his different balls around the house.  

• Options
    Clara has fallen in love with her new baby doll, and has been carrying her everywhere and gives her kisses. She also has a little scoot-on toy that she likes, and a bunch of little animal figures that she likes to put in and out of containers. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I second balls!  (That sounded funny)  Maya loves balls that fit in 1 of her hands.  She throws them, runs after them, and throws them again.  A good independant activity while I'm cooking, etc- but she also likes to "throw" 1 back and forth with DH or myself.

She also has this shape- sorter bucket:

She loves carrying it around by the handle, and filling it with all sorts of little toys.  She isn't doing the shapes, but I'm sure she will eventually.  It's our go-to toy to bring with us when we go to a friend's house or to play outside b/c it's relatively small and holds her attention for a while.

She got some stainless steel pots and pans for her birthday to go with her play kitchen.  She loves carrying them around and banging them- and putting little toys in them as well.

And she picked out a little stuffed polar bear at the store and has since become pretty attached to it- I guess it's like her lovey now. 

• Options

LO is obsessed with her Laugh and Learn Home by Fisher Price.  I like that it has two sides and a door, so she walks around it and through it, just to get to all the things on it that she can be entertained by.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagesunshine336:

this shape- sorter bucket:

James also loves his play kitchen & a little ride-on "front-loader" :-/ MH got him fairly inexpensively at Costco/BJs or wherever we have that membership!

A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

• Options
    DS loves his water table! But that's obviously only for outside, inside he loves his new activity table he got from his birthday. He loves to chase big bouncy balls around the hallway and he really loves any toy that is cause and effect. But I think his favorite will always be books, kid LOVES books!!
  • Options
    Wow, thanks for the suggestions! I haven't even HEARD of most of these toys. I lead a sheltered life Embarrassed. DD has a few of the toys you've mentioned but they haven't been in the "rotation" lately...maybe I will pull them out again. Speaking of balls (hehe), DD almost always carries the balls from her Poppin' Dino around with her. Walking, crawling, wherever...she HAS to have those balls in her hands (again, hehe).

• Options

imageJuneBugsMommy:
    DS loves his water table! But that's obviously only for outside, inside he loves his new activity table he got from his birthday. He loves to chase big bouncy balls around the hallway and he really loves any toy that is cause and effect. But I think his favorite will always be books, kid LOVES books!!
    This is Ben also!  He has this series of books about baby animals (ocean babies, pet babies, etc) and he always pulls them out of his toy bin and starts pointing to everything on the page.

He also loves his activity table and all the animals from his Little People Farm. He brings the cow or horse everywhere.

image. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageAndrea52408:

He also loves his activity table and all the animals from his Little People Farm. He brings the cow or horse everywhere.

My DD loves the pig and horse :-D She also enjoys shoving Duplos in the silo and opening the door, removing the piece, and doing it again. And again and again and again. Very entertaining ;-)

• Options
    Mega Blocks, sand table, and lift the flap or texture books.
    The Blog - Parenting: Uncensored

Photos from Libby Hilf Photography

imageimage

Jake - 1.15.08
    Liam - 5.17.11
  • Options
    DS loves his Leapfrog table and this whacky ball thing he got for his bday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"