Multiples
Options

Crib Nap Success!

Crib naps have always been harder than bedtime sleep, but I hear that's normal for most. I stopped letting them nap in the swings cold turkey right at 6 months. Well, before that, I would try to get them to nap in their cribs but the 45-minute bed intruder was awful, and I'd inevitably have them taking a swing nap by the end of the day for fear of ruining nighttime sleep.

But they just took a 2-HOUR nap in their cribs! Prior to this, they'd wake after an hour and not go back to sleep even when they seemed still a bit tired. At least I know this is possible for them! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Crib Nap Success!

• Options

I am so looking forward to this! Our girls sleep in the car seats sitting in their cribs :) And I want so bad for them to sleep in their cribs but it just isn't happening. They wake up after 5 min! If they were older I'd let them cry it out and get use to it but probably better wait a month or 2! Good for you though...it's nice to have them confined to a room for nap time, easier to get cleaning done!

• Options
    How long did it take?  I'm starting this same transition.  Damn you snug-a-bunny swing!
    IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is awesome! Mine are 5 1/2 months and it is time to move to cribs for naps, but that darn intruder comes here too!  
    R & R- Twin Girls January 2012
  • Options
    What's this intruder you speak of??
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageninjabridemom:
    What's this intruder you speak of??

The intruder is the reason I let them nap in the swings for so long! Basically, a baby's sleep cycle is shorter than adults, sometimes 30 mins, sometimes 45 mins, etc. After 45 minutes, they go into a lighter sleep as they are transitioning to the next cycle. Lighter sleep = waking up crying for us, every time, when they were in their cribs. The swing put them back to sleep during this stage. They just have to learn to get through it, sometimes with sleep training, or maybe it just happens with maturity for some babies?

This transition from swings to cribs for naps went okay, but I did it loosely over a couple months' period. Then when they hit 6 months, I think they were more ready to really transition and now I only use the swings for them to play in every once in a while. Can't wait to put them away completely!!!

• Options

Interesting.  They don't do anything like that when they sleep at night.  I mean, they make raptor sounds pretty much all night but...

I will keep this in mind for tomorrow.  Thanks!! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"