Infertility Veterans
Options

Tell me about Lupron

My protocol is going to be different this time. Is Lupron the devil? I am really dreading it, but there is no way around it for me. I am allergic to the other two options. 

I will post more about my appointment later. 
DS born 7.30.11

Re: Tell me about Lupron

• Options
    I've been on 10 units and 20 units per day and it wasn't bad. Headaches are the most common s/e but that should go away with rising E2. Good luck!
    +++
  • Options

I know a lot of women have s/e's from Lupron, but I was on it for three cycles,  totaling about 9 weeks, and never had any side effects.  It's really just a luck of the draw.

Me: 35 DH: 37 TTC since 4/2010
    DX: 6/9/2011: Azoo ICSI/IVF only option for biological child
    IVF #1: ER - 9/26 * ET - 10/1 * beta#1 10/13 - 140 * beta#2 10/17 - 477 * beta#3 10/20 - 1101
    1st u/s at 6w6d - one hb * 2nd u/s at 8w3d - no hb detected 11/10/11 * natural m/c 11/13/11
    FET #1 Jan/Feb 2012 - 3 delays - cancelled 2/13
    FET #1.2 - May/June 2012 - ET 6/6/* beta#1 6/15 - 95 * beta #2 6/19 - 322 * beta #3 6/22 - 940
    7/6 1st u/s @ 7 weeks - one beautiful hb - released from RE
    EDD 2/22/2013
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL welcome
    imageimageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I get a stellar headache with long legs. Turning into a fish helps, but as soon as I stop drinking water, it comes on full strength. So lots of bathroom breaks.

Also, I get hot flashes like they are my job. Menopause for the 4th time just makes me oh, so happy :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    reb259reb259 member

I hope the side effects pass you by... I tend to get terrible headaches, hot flashes and pick fight with H (although the last one MAY not be a s/e...lol)

Good luck!!

I am AMA and all tests on H came back normal
    3 failed IVF with OE and 2 failed frozen DE cycles
    Last fresh hail mary DE cycle starting Feb 2013
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome
  • Options
    grazygrazy member
    Thanks for the info. Ugh, can't wait. 
    DS born 7.30.11
  • Options
    kegkeg member
    Honestly, it really depends on the person.  I've been on it three times (mostly at 20u) and really had no major issues.  I think the first time I may have had some insomnia, although it's hard to tell if it was a side effect or just life. :-)  Fx that it won't bother you at all!
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options

hey cutie -

lupron burns and gives me welts when injected so if you have similar experience ice before.

stay hydrated, you may experience some headaches and hot flashes but upping water intake should help.

GL

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Options

Lupron made me sooooo tired.  I was in bed @ 9pm every night & still had a hard time getting up after 10 hrs of sleep.  I also suffrered from CRS while on it (cannot remember sh!t).  But everyone's different.  GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"