December 2010 Moms
Options

A difference in parenting opinion?

What do you do when you and your H have a differing opinion about something with your child?  I, of course, believe I should win out because I end up being the primary caregiver, and thus must deal with most of the consequences from our choices.  My husband disagrees, haha.

Here is our specific issue: I wanted to wean Alexander from bottles by 18 months.  My mom, MIL and husband ALL disagreed and just wanted to keep giving it to him because "he likes it." Well, that's all well and good, but I don't want him to be a 2 or 3 year old with a bottle!  Now that I'm home for the summer, my Mom and MIL's influence is broken. (they were both giving him afternoon bottles)  So I quickly got him down to one bottle just at nighttime...it does seem to help with teething pain for now and he likes to just chew on the cold nipple. I could conceivably let that go for another month or so.

My husband though refuses to go along with this and gives him a bottle in the morning too when he wakes up with him.  Today, he couldn't find a ring for the bottle (most of them broke, and sorry, I'm not replacing them) and Alexander was screaming, and I was trying to get one more hour of sleep.  I came downstairs and H basically yelled at me, saying I won't buy more bottle rings because I won't listen to him and his opinion.  We got into a huge fight in front of Alexander, which I HATE to do (it's a rarity, Thank God).  When I give him a cup in the morning, he's fine with it, but since he knows my H gives him the bottle, he threw a fit. 

Anyway, what would you do (or what are you doing) if you and your H disagree about something?

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg

Re: A difference in parenting opinion?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"