High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

prior dvt before preg. possible new clot

Hi ladies. I had a dvt 2 years prior to getting pregnant (Factor V Leiden), and I'm 36.5 weeks pregnant. I'm on 1 daily lovenox injections. I've been on cleaning binge (including carpet cleaning) the past few days, and have been very active running errands and just generally being on my feet all day, but have been wearing my compression stockings daily. Tonight (while cleaning the carpet in our bedroom) I noticed my right leg (dvt leg) felt like I'd pulled a muscle... exactly like my dvt started out. So after I get done cleaning the carpet, I head to the other room and put my feet up and my dvt leg is a little swollen, not seriously so, but my calf is really sore if I move my foot around. 

Hubby's out of town but will be back tomorrow. I've had several false alarms on possible clots that turned out to be nothing when they did a doppler scan, but I'm pretty concerned about this time because of the swelling (could just be because I'd been on my feet all day) and redness. 

Should I call my hematologist tomorrow? I had an apt with him yesterday (I check in with him every 3 months since being preg.), so I feel lame about calling two days later and telling him about this. Ug.

Re: prior dvt before preg. possible new clot

• Options
    I am in the camp that it is always better safe than sorry. I would call your doc first thing and see if you can get in for a ultrasound. Either they catch it (a very good thing) or there is nothing there and you get some pieces of mind.

Back in April, I had been off of Coumadin exactly a week (PE in Oct) when I got a very painful spot in my leg that was warm to the touch. I went in right away and openly told my doctor that I felt silly and was pretty sure I was over-reacting, but that I was still planning on coming in every. single. time. I had clot symptoms. I didn't have a clot that time, but she 100% agreed that if you have a history of clots, it is always best to get checked out if you are having symptoms.

Loving my Little Bird (DD 3), Missing my Monkey Butt (DS) and Hoping for my Rainbow - due 2/17/13
  • Options
    If I flexed my foot up and my calf seriously hurt I would head to the ER.  I'm crazy paranoid like that and you don't want to take chances with blood clots.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KadyraKadyra member
    Better safe than sorry. An ER copay is nothing compared to DVT complications, like PE and the big one (death). 
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Please keep us posted. 

Good vibes coming your way!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

• Options
    As others have said, go get it checked out. I went after my c/s because of the pulled muscle feeling and it was a DVT. Several months later I got the feeling again, went in, and it was nothing. It doesn't matter. It's better to get it checked out and have it be nothing than to miss a clot. Hope everything's ok!

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"