January 2012 Moms

This really upset me

So, I picked up Lo today from my friends house, she watches him twice a week. She has an 11 month old, they were sitting together playing and the 11 month old slapped LO on his head, he didn't seem too bothered by it, but I was! Would you be? I realize this is probably common at most daycares... Or amongst siblings

Married my best friend 5/2/2008
TTC our first miracle since November 2010
BFP 3/16/2011 Chemical Pregnancy 3/20/2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: This really upset me

• I would not be bother by the action of the child.  An 11 month old doesn't know better.  However, what would upset me is if the parent of the child saw what happened and did not try to correct the child (this is how they learn).
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • imageBritanyV:
    I would not be bother by the action of the child.  An 11 month old doesn't know better.  However, what would upset me is if the parent of the child saw what happened and did not try to correct the child (this is how they learn).
    Yeah, I figure it's a common occurrence and my Lo will probably do the same until he learns otherwise, but yes she did correct her.

Married my best friend 5/2/2008
    TTC our first miracle since November 2010
    BFP 3/16/2011 Chemical Pregnancy 3/20/2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • When I see other kids I think to myself - no big deal, it's totally normal,it's just what happens.

But when my nephew pinched my DD and tried to hit her I wanted to kick his butt! LOL I think it's natural to be upset when it's your baby and it's the first time you see something like that.

I'm glad your friend corrected her right away though and didn't just say (like lots of people do) "oh she's too little to understand and it's normal". That drives me bananas!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"