Preemies
Options

Twins in NICU .. update

Hello ladies! 

My twins were born on the 11th at 31 weeks. They are both still in the NICU but doing great. My girl twin .. Natalia is now weighing 3lbs 7 oz. She is starting to use bottles and is doing great! They said all she needs to do is gain weight and she will be able to go home. My boy twin.. Marquevis is weighing 3lbs 7oz as well. He is still having episodes of sleep apnea and sometimes his heart rate dips. They started him on bottles too but he is still trying to work on the breathe, suck, and swallow at the same time thing. So he needs to get over the episodes of low heart rate and apnea .. and do better with bottle feedings .. and gain weight and he should be able to go home. They are estimating another 12 days or so before they can come home. 

They both suck their thumbs .. and pacifiers. The only thing they have right now is the monitors and the feeding tubes. The feeding tubes will come out when they have mastered eating from bottles!   =)

I have been pumping milk for them and taking it in. I am amazed my milk supply has been doing good enough to feed the both. I can't wait til they can come home but I would like them to stay in the NICU until they are definetly good and ready!   =)  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Twins in NICU .. update

• Options
    DrRxDrRx member
    Congratulations and welcome to the board! Glad to hear that your twins are doing well!
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Congrats on your little ones!  It sounds like they are doing great!  My lo was born on the 6th at 31 weeks- so I'm in a similar boat.  Best of luck with everything!  I'm sure they'll be home before you know it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your LO. Sounds like they are doing wonderful. Keep up the good work babies. Please keep us posted.

• Options
    Glad they are doing well. I hope they are able to go home with you soon.
    Jenn Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"