Adoption

Will you adopt again?

We're still months away from completing our adoption, but I am already thinking about adopting again.  I have always had an interest in adopting from China- sort of an inexplicable pull.  If the program is still open when I hit 30, I think I'd like to try.  Friends of ours are adopting a little girl from China and their process seems so much easier and faster than ours! (We're doing Russia.)The financial part still worries me, but hopefully we can be diligent over the next 3 years and save enough.  

We also hope to have biological children in there somewhere and I've heard that if you have multiple children who were adopted in that family scenario (both bio and adopted kids), it helps strengthen their positive identity.  I would love to give our son the gift of a sibling who can relate on that level. 

Do you think you'll adopt again?  Why/why not?  

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
SA February 2011: Normal
RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
Court trip October 2012
Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden

Re: Will you adopt again?

• I think we probably will. We're in somewhat of the same boat as you- hoping to have a bio child later but also wanting to adopt again so this adopted child has someone to relate to (obviously that's not the only reason). We've always been interested in adopting internationally but it didn't seem right for us for our first adoption; I think we would definitely consider IA in the future though. 
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •  Yes. Home 6 months, already planning #2. We're working on changing jobs and moving so (hopefully) we'll be able to stay busy until it happens. I'm also interested in China's SN program, but I'm not sure I'm patient enough to wait 4 more years...maybe for #3...
  • Loading the player...
  • We would love to adopt again.  We'll most likely have to wait until I'm back at work before we can really start to save. 

I always had an interest in adopting from China as well.  We decided to adopt domestically, though, because we had wanted to adopt a newborn and have contact with his/her birthparents if possible.  I still think about it, though.  I remember feeling very frustrated when I heard that, at least with our agency, some families had been waiting 5+ years to adopt a child from China.  I just couldn't wait that long...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We ran the numbers this spring, and we have to hold off indefinitely. To keep our current lifestyle with an additional child in the mix, AND to be able to afford an adoption, DH wants to get a step up in his job title. He's starting to look now, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

And I waffle almost daily. Some days I really like it being just the 3 of us, and some days I think I'll be really sad if we don't adopt again.

• Yes. As many times as they will let us
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • I waffle.  We're going to try for bio kids, and we feel pulled to adopt INT- right now I'm really leaning towards Colombia.  But in terms of DA?  Only if a situation fell in our lap or if BM wanted to place with us again.  
  • We have 1 bio child and are in the process of adopting from China.  I already find myself thinking about #3!!  I'd love a big family and hope to adopt again!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMayDayGirl:
    Yes. As many times as they will let us

This made me smile. 

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
    SA February 2011: Normal
    RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
    Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
    Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden
  • As a single parent, I know that many would think that I am crazy, but YES. I would love to adopt again. Honestly, I will not start for several years. I would like to do IA and want my boys to be a little older to be able to travel with me.

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• hway24hway24 member
    I would love to adopt again. But, financially we probably won't be able to.
    After 2years TTC and 1yr,2mo waiting for an adoption match, our blessing is here!

"You may not have my eyes or smile, but from that very first moment you had my heart"Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Surprise BFP made our family complete!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I've adopted 2 and I am done done DONE! I never wanted more than 2 children, so the bio/adopted factor doesn't play into our decision.
  • Yup! We plan to start the process again as soon as this adoption is completed! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
    After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Yes. We don't know when or what method (international again, domestic, CPS) but our plan is for at least 2 kiddos.
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • imageMayDayGirl:
    Yes. As many times as they will let us

Love it!  DH and I are just now starting to look at beginning the adoption process (and waiting for the agency we want to work with to reopen applications for the country we'd like to adopt from), and this was our decision too.  :) 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • We adopted twice in the last two years, and I'm pretty sure we are done adding to our family.  I don't want to go through the adoption process again, and at this point, neither of us feel an urge to have more children, either biologically or through adoption.  I'm perfectly happy it just being the four of us, and my husband seems to be on the same page.  At this point, we'd rather help other families currently adopting from Peru find their waiting children than expand our family any further.
  • As a single parent, it's tough, but totally worth it.  I would really love for my son to have a sibling, but right now I am enjoying being his mommy.  If it happens great, if not, I'm okay with that.  The government is making it almost impossible for single parents to adopt, so I don't know if I would be able to even if I wanted to.
  • Unless I can convince hubby that we can handle a special needs child, and adopt a waiting child, we won't be able to afford another.  It makes me sad since we're both only children and wanted a bigger family, but we'll be thrilled having one.
  • No.  We were initially on the fence about having more than one child anyway and our DS is a very challenging child.  We also adopted from Russia.
  • Nope! We're two and through. There is no way we would be matched with another good, sweet, beautiful, perfect kid, and we're not going to tempt fate Wink
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hi. i noticed you are from md and adopted from russia. can you share your agency?how were they? thanks. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"