C-sections

Suddenly anxious

Sigh.

So I have been going into this third c-section with the thought that I have done this twice and I will be fine. Healthy baby, healthy mommy, that is my goal. Suddenly the last couple days I have had this terrified feeling start to sink in. I am getting panic attacks and experiencing moments of wth am I doing?! I can't figure out why though.

Like I said this is my third round and I know what to expect with the surgery and everything following. My first was a c-section due to lack of progression, (5cm after 17 hrs), the second was supposed to be scheduled but I went into spontaneous labor a week early so it turned into an unscheduled one. This time I have one scheduled for July 10th and think I am going to make it. I just can't make these nerves go away.

Hoping for some encouraging words? Anyone else have crazy anxiety even though you knew what to expect?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Suddenly anxious

• I'm not currently pregnant, but the idea of giving birth again scares me to death - I also had an unplanned c-section with DS because of failure to progress, and so many other things also happened that just made his birth so incredibly stressful. The whole idea of giving birth again gives me terrible anxiety, and I'm so glad that we've always planned to wait awhile to have another. Whether I try a VBAC or have a scheduled c-section, the thought is terrifying to me.

I think that your anxiety is justified. Neither birth has gone as planned, and even though you know what to expect during/after the surgery, you don't know if it's going to go as planned this time. Completely reasonable given your past experience.

Take a deep breath, hug your babies, and remind yourself of what you're going to have at the end - a beautiful baby in your arms, the one you've been carrying with you for so long. Don't expect things to go as planned, but be delightfully surprised if they do. GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm not as far along as you are, but I did have the discussion with my OB today about if I wanted to try for a VBAC or have a repeat C-section. Prior to this visit, I was ALL for a VBAC but after talking about the pros and cons of each with my OB I changed my mind and said I wanted a repeat C-section. I too had my 1st C-section due to lack of progress and when the Dr came in to tell me we were going to go ahead for a C-section, I wasn't at all worried! I was so anxious to see my baby and I had been in labor for 16 hours! Now I can't help but worry and I'm getting anxious and I don't want to worry the rest of my pregnancy! So I'm there with you sister!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"