Moving to the area.. — The Bump
D.C. Area Babies

Moving to the area..

hey ladies. Im currently in South Carolina but will be moving to the area in the next few weeks. My husband got a job in Gaithersburg. Ive been trying to find a place to rent but its so hard living far away. Does anyone know of anything that could help me find a place easier? Or which areas I should avoid? Thanks in advance. :)

Re: Moving to the area..

• I'm not sure where to look as far as websites go, but there are a bunch of GREAT family friendly neighborhoods in Gaithersburg.

The biggest neighborhoods are"The Kentlands" and "The Lakelands"

There are a million famillies in condos, townhouses, and single family homes with walking distance to shops, grocery stores and restuarants.  I live about a mile from there.

Basically anything in the 20878 zipcode is good.

Gaithersburg tends to be a little cheaper than some of the other areas around DC.  It's a great area though.  I'd try to find something that is near the Road "Great Seneca Highway."

I hope that helps a little.  Good Luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thankyou!! I will look into those neighborhoods. :)
  • Hi, 

You can try the following websites:

homesdatabase.com  

realtor.com

Just search under rentals on both sites. 

Hope it helps!  

TTC#1 since 12/06 1st IVF w ICSI: 6/14/10 -- BFP!...low beta... chemical preg. 2nd IVF = August 19 16 -- 18 eggs September 2- BFP! September 16th - TWINS! Due May 9th Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image Visit The Nest!
  • I would try the following websites: 

homesdatabase,com

realtor.com

Just search under rentals for both. Good luck!  

TTC#1 since 12/06 1st IVF w ICSI: 6/14/10 -- BFP!...low beta... chemical preg. 2nd IVF = August 19 16 -- 18 eggs September 2- BFP! September 16th - TWINS! Due May 9th Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image Visit The Nest!
  • ok thank you! Ive been searching around and have found a few places. Its so hard to tell what a place is really like just from seeing pictures on the internet! haha.
  • I am new here as well.  We just moved into the Post at Fallsgrove in Rockville.  Really nice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards