Special Needs
Options

It's Wednesday Again! Brag Day!

Yes   Big Smile   Party!!!
WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: It's Wednesday Again! Brag Day!

• Options
    My son is really shy around one doctor in particular.  Today he gave him a high five!
  • Options
    Had to mention that the pic of Nate riding the horse is ridiculously cute!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageapril262011:
    Had to mention that the pic of Nate riding the horse is ridiculously cute!

Thanks! He LOVES it!

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options
    Zoey followed all of the instruments at the pediatric opthamolgist yesterday and didn't have to get her eyes dialated! Not bad for a kiddo with the eye genes stacked against her!
  • Options

DS was asking for a lollipop and I told him he gets one if he sits on the potty.

I prepared the cars toilet seat so he could sit on it. He took the cars seat off, closed the toilet, flushed the toilet and started to wash his hands. It was a raw deal.

I told him again if he sat on the toilet seat for a few minutes, he would get a lollipop. We gave it to him while he was on there but he was hurrying to get off.

I think we will try again and see what happens. He has not done this in months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Okay, a really big brag here. L has been in swimming for years, and lots of people know him, even from other teams. He was doing a race with the other boys his age (he's the only Para boy his age in our area - he races in with the typical kids). He was obviously going for broke and still way behind the other boys. When they finished, they all turned around and started cheering him on, and the officials all stood up and clapped. I was in tears! One of the moms that was down there when this happened approached me today and said how proud all the kids were of him, and that watching him try his hardest over the last few years made them want to try harder too. Made my day!!

The best part - his biggest cheering section are the other boys his age. They could have easily made fun of his appearance, but they've chosen to accept him the way he is. I wish more teens could learn this lesson.

• Options
    imagegimmietimmies:

Okay, a really big brag here. L has been in swimming for years, and lots of people know him, even from other teams. He was doing a race with the other boys his age (he's the only Para boy his age in our area - he races in with the typical kids). He was obviously going for broke and still way behind the other boys. When they finished, they all turned around and started cheering him on, and the officials all stood up and clapped. I was in tears! One of the moms that was down there when this happened approached me today and said how proud all the kids were of him, and that watching him try his hardest over the last few years made them want to try harder too. Made my day!!

The best part - his biggest cheering section are the other boys his age. They could have easily made fun of his appearance, but they've chosen to accept him the way he is. I wish more teens could learn this lesson.

This almost made me cry.  Kids can be amazing.  Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story not just about your DS, but about all these other kids that are aware enough to see how hard he's working and learn from that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"