Working Moms
Options

PSA those looking to workout

I recently bought the Insanity workout DVDs and they're really pretty good.  I've found most DVDs are not too challenging, but these give a great workout, they're quick (40 min) and you don't need much space or equipment.  I bought the jump mat so I could do it on my concrete basement floor early before anyone wakes up, which is why I need to do it in the basement, or during nap time when I'm home.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group

Re: PSA those looking to workout

• Options
    ok I MIGHT look into it... I also need to do any workouts in the basement but we have cork floors down there.
  • Options
    I heard these workouts were of a more advanced nature?  Hence why it's called insanity?  Can you compare it to 30DS?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jlaOKjlaOK member

imageNYBoston05:
    I heard these workouts were of a more advanced nature?  Hence why it's called insanity?  Can you compare it to 30DS?

I'm wondering this too. I've heard it makes P90X looks easy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    jlaOKjlaOK member

imageNYBoston05:

I'm wondering this too. I've heard it makes P90X looks easy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    My DH also bought insanity and it is in fact insane.  I tried doing the 30min fitness test that you start out with, and I thought it was too intense.  And for me 40mins is a really long workout.  This is not a program for someone who's not already in semi-decent shape.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did Insanity after I had DD and loved it, but I definitely recommed working yourself up to it.  I did 30 Day Shred first and then Insanity.  I still couldn't get all the way through Insanity for a few weeks, but eventually I was able to.  After baby #2 I plan on busting out those DVDs and doing them all over again.  They work wonders!!  Also be sure to count your calories as well...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was watching that infomercial just yesterday.  I think I need to do the 30DS before Insanity but I do like Shuan T.  I have Hip Hop Abs and used to do that pre D2.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I do the Insanity workouts too!  I'm on week 3, day 5 right now.  I love the max heartrate workouts.  Yeah, i'm a freak ;) 

Leading up to my wedding, I participated in the YMCA's bootcamp which the teacher based the 3 days a week class off Insanity/P90X/plyometric workouts.  I seriously got into the BEST shape of my life...like high school shape!

I've definitely watched some inches shed off my thighs/butt/hip/waist area which is where I needed to lose it.

I would recommend it to anyone but it is definitely intense!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"