Parenting after a Loss
Options

Recommend Your.....(kinda board related)

So we just had our bid on a house accept. And after 3 years of living with family and sucking it up we will finally be in our place again in probably September (cutting it close to pumpkin due date for me) but after our bid was accepted my husband told me I could pick out a washer dryer and refrigerator for the new home. Well this is where my recommend yours comes in. I want to hear from moms what you like or don't like about your appliances. What features you love what you have found useless. What is and isn't family friendly. Yes I know I have a two year old and have been a mom for while but I have had to use what was there for the past 2.5+ years. Which has been old and outdated but works. So let me hear them you love hates and other thoughts on washer dryers and fridges! (thank you in advance)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend Your.....(kinda board related)

• Options

I am in LOVE with our Whirlpool Cabrio washer/dryer.  I knew I didn't want a front loader because a) too cheap to buy the $200 pedestals and b) the funk factor in the washer.  Eww. 

You can fit a TON in the Cabrio, it washes really really well and is very energy efficient.  We have the glass topped one and you can see your clothes being washed which is also pretty cool.  :)

We have an older counter depth LG fridge and it's been great.  Just stuck with a major brand and you will be fine.  We did go for the smooth, glossy finish and I like how it looks.  It shows fingerprints but I always know it's clean after I wash it.  The textured finish ones gross me out!

ETA: Congrats on home ownership!!!!!!!

Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
    Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
    DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
    Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    OatoaOatoa member

I can't recommend but just a little food for thought.  I thought I would really like a front loading washermachine.  I wouldn't have to bend all the way into it to get the clothes on the bottom.  However, it does not get the poo out of clothing like my mom's top loader and now I wish I hadn't gotten the front loader.

Good luck in all your purchases!

imagephoto BeachAudrey6-23-2013_zps95b514cd.jpgphoto TRCALBadge_zpse0b3d2cb.jpg
    BFP #1 9-22-10 Missed M/c 10-18-10 D&E 10-28-10

BFP #2 5-9-11 EDD 1-12-12 Audrey Rachel born 1-12-12

BFP #3 9-21-13 EDD 5-30-14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We hate our fridge and wish it would die on us so we can replace it.  It is a GE but it is a high efficiency one so it makes this loud humming like noise.  We are kinda used to it, but almost every time someone comes over they ask what the sound is.  We have Kenmore front loading washer and dryer and I really like them.  Zero problems in about 5 years.

• Options
    imagesoftskate31:

We need a new fridge - when the current one dies - we will be getting a french door fridge with bottom drawer freezer.

this ...my parents have one and love it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"