Natural Birth
Options

~*~ NB Weekly Check In & Due Date List! ~*~

My apologies for missing last week! Work was extremely busy. 

Babies born since the last check in: 

J.d.gal had her little girl and Ncjulia & Sawyerplus1 had their little boy's.

Congratulations Mommas!!!

*~!~!~* Question of the week *~!~!~*

Who in your life has been the most supportive in your plans for a natural birth? And why are they so awesome?

Official Due Date List:

If you would like to be added or if anything changes, please let me know!

06/25/12: EmmyPumpkin, Team Green (not by choice); hospital with GP.

06/26/12: PaulnSabrina, Team Blue, Hospital with OB

06/28/12: Amber323, Team Blue, Hospital w/ Midwife

07/07/12: Jazibel, Team Blue, Homebirth w/ MW

07/09/12: jnoone, Team Green, Hospital with OB

07/16/12: KaytieLynne, team pink, hospital birth with midwife

07/23/12: alphahelix, team green, hospital with OB

07/24/12: aylafsu88, Team Pink, Hospital with OB

07/26/12: apple_green, team green, hospital with MW

07/26/12: margaret_howell, Team Pink, Homebirth with Midwife

07/27/12: beckyjoy8, Team Green: Hospital with OB

07/28/12: mrs.vtjaime, Team Pink, Hospital with OB

08/05/12: alitria, Team Blue, Birth Center with a MW/doula

08/08/12: Ljanette85, Team Blue, Small Womens Hospital

08/19/12: Abbyful, Team Blue, Hospital Birth with OB

08/21/12: judahsmommy, Team Blue, hospital birth with OB

08/22/12: Spruce Grouse, team green, hospital with mw & high risk OB 

08/23/12: Robbiesmommy, team green, hospital birth center with MW & doula

08/24/12: SHeins, Team Green, Hospital birth with OB

08/25/12:jhunter89, Team Pink, Birth center with MW?s

09/02/12: allierhiana1, Team Pink, Hospital with OB and Doula

09/08/12: Blackrose1918, Team Blue, Hospital with OB or Midwife

09/08/12: mstroud23, Team Green, Home birth with midwives

09/08/12:cbj09, Team Blue, Hospital with midwives

09/13/12: Kegallagh, Team Blue, Home birth with MW

09/17/12: Katiebug58. Team Blue, Hospital water birth w/ MW

09/21/12: Missintentional, Team Pink, Hospital with OB & Doula

09/26/12: MrsW101011, Team Blue, Hospital with OB

09/26/12: Superned, Team Green, Hospital with OB

09/27/12: amyyellowstone, Team Green, VBAC w/MW at birth center

09/27/12: Jennakg, Team Blue, Hospital with OB

09/30/12: Beh3e, Team Blue, Hospital birth with MW

10/11/12: jennyestelle, Team Blue, Home birth with MW 

10/14/12: tevagirl, Team Pink, Hospital w/ CNM

10/16/12: vegasbb, team blue, hospital with an OB 

10/19/12: Kerrymeghan, Team Green, Hospital birth with MW

11/02/12: Amberthehobbit, Team Blue, Home birth w/ MW

11/21/12: littlemac1117, Team TBD, hospital waterbirth with MW

11/22/12: SoCoGirl, Team TBD, Hospital with an OB

12/05/12: farmerlynda, Team Green, Homebirth with MW

12/05/12: NoeliasV, Team TBD, Hospital birth OB or CNM

12/08/12: StefandTodd, team TBD, home birth with CNM

12/09/12. Bluvse, Team TBD, Hospital water birth w/ MW

12/17/12: Sweettalkin417, Team TBD, Hospital with OB

12/20/12: MissusTexas, Team green, Hospital birth with OB

12/26/12: sschwege; Team Green; Hospital birth with CNM 

12/31/12: AmyRI, team green, hospital birth with an OB

01/06/12: Noethola, Team TBD, Home birth with MW

1/17/13: Laurelbee, Team TBD, home birth with CNM 

01/26/12: Jeffsgurl86, Team Green, Home birth with MW

Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

Re: ~*~ NB Weekly Check In & Due Date List! ~*~

• Options
    Hi! I'm new and was wondering if I might join your lovely list (I LOVE seeing so many NCB ladies on here!) I'm due 12/11/12 and will be having a waterbirth in the hospital with a midwife. Good luck to everyone!
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

The most supportive people for me having a natural birth are my DH and my high risk OB.  The OB is encouraging by telling me it will be safer for me.  DH is helpful by telling me that if I can survive 2 major strokes, I can handle this. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dh has definitely been the most supportive. He wanted me to have NB before I did and I originally thought he was crazy. We did Bradley classes with DD and he was great during her birth. And then MIL was also really supportive. She had NB's were 2 of her sons and was always interested in what I was reading on NB and would ask us about what we were learning in our Bradley classes.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options

you can add me! Due date is 8-7 but more than likely she will be here in July.  

Dh has been the most supportive.  He was on board from day 1, and after we watched BOBB he was even encouraging me to look at birth centers which surprised me.   He has read lots of books and asked lots of questions and I know he will be by my side the whole time.  He is taking amazing care of me right now when I'm on bedrest and helping me not get discouraged.  

Gretchen Evie, born 7/8/2012 at 35w5d
  • Options
    AmyRIAmyRI member

Already on the list, but just to have the info with my post: due 12/31/12, team green, hospital birth with an OB.

My biggest supporter is probably my mother. DH was on board with whatever I wanted and did great the first time, but if I had at any point said I wanted the epi he would have been fine with that, too. My mom had natural births with my brother and me and is very crunchy in general. She hates any doctors and meds. Ideally I'd have home births with a midwife, but that is just not something I'm personally interested in. She's awesome for her natural ideals, but I found it incredibly stressful the first time around not knowing if I would succeed without meds. She pushed NB on me so much that I would have felt like a failure, at least to her, if things hadn't gone as perfectly as they did.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    #3 Due April 2016
  • Options

Please add me to your list. I'm on my local board list, but hang out here a lot.

7/11 Team Green, birth center w/ MW

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would like to be added to your list as well. I don't post often, but I do come in here a lot! I'm due 9/3 with a girl!
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I forgot to answer the question.

The most supportive person has been my DH. He was hesitant at first, but I think he is just scared to see me in pain. He's my best friend and he's been awesome throughout my planning process :)

BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I have a really good support group and so far have had nothing but support. DH is on board for whatever. After meeting with the midwife, he is actually rather excited about it. My mother had four natural births, three at home, so she is also a huge support.

Thankfully, I have not heard any negative feedback (yet) regarding our birth choice (natural and at home). My inlaws are also supportive thank goodness.

All our immediate family are supportive.

Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options
    Hi! The most supportive person has been my Dh. At first, he was kind of Meh, it's your body when I brought up natural birth with Ds. But now he's being super supportive about having a HB this time! I also have a neighbor bestie who had a med free birth. She and I watched all the birth docu's together :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    cbj09cbj09 member

Who in your life has been the most supportive in your plans for a natural birth? And why are they so awesome?

I'd have to say the midwives I see are the most supportive. I went in all nervous with a billion questions about the hospital protocols, etc and was basically told to calm down. Wink The midwives at this hospital are ridiculously pro-natural and encourage it more than I'd ever imagine.

My husband and mother are both very supportive as well, but in their own realistic way. They know I have a low pain tolerance and they don't fully have confidence in me yet. But they would never tell me that.

• Options
    My biggest supporter has been my mom.  At first she was a little skeptical of the natural birth process, just because she had pretty intense birth experience with my brother and I.  From what she says she did not have very positive experiences and it was likely due to the drugs they gave her and my brother being very premature. After we talked about it she became very supportive of the situation.  She tells me how proud she is of me  for not being afraid of the pain and wanting to experience a intervention free birth.  I know with her support (and my DH) I can do it!!
  • Options

My biggest supporter has been my sister, she has encouraged me the whole way. DH is a close second, he wasn't very supportive at first because he doesn't want to see me in pain, but now he's feeling like I'm really preparing and working hard to have a great natural birth and he's come around. The town I live in is very stuck in its ways and not very progressive, I've learned to keep my mouth shut around anyone besides DH and my sister in reference to my natural birth plans because everyone else is just so negative. I wish people would do some research before judging my plans and be more open to something other than the "norm".

End of rant! Big Smile

• Options
    You can add me.  I'm due 7/3/12 with a girl (Maia) and looking at doing a NB in the hospital with my OB.  The most supportive people have been my DH, our moms, and my OB has so far been cool with everything.  He hasn't pushed me into doing cervical checks yet and even suggested that I try to check myself when I'm laboring at home.  He had patients in the past who could do it I guess and he thinks that I could reach mine (I can't yet).  He just doesn't want me waiting too long before heading in since he doesn't want me delivering en route to the hospital.  
  • Options

First, congrats to J.d.gal, Ncjulia & Sawyerplus1 on their LO's!!

I think my husband has been the person who has been most supportive - he has been 100% on board with my plans from day one, no questions asked! His confidence in me has improved my confidence in myself and I know he'll be amazing during L&D. My mom has been the person who has most inspired me and encouraged my to go natural. She had all three of us without meds, including her first who was 3 weeks late and weighed over ten pounds. I keep telling myself - if she can do it, so can I!!

• Options

Who in your life has been the most supportive in your plans for a natural birth? And why are they so awesome?

I really haven't had anyone be unsupportive, but, DH has been wonderful! He's gone to every Midwife appt and never questioned my desire for a natural birth-center birth. I think it's because his mom had 4 of his 6 siblings med-free so it's more normal for him. I do think he gets a little tired of my soapbox rants about intervention rates etc. sometimes, but, overall, he's been very patient and interested!

Married 5.16.10 Kaia Helene born 8.23.12 Soren Noble due 1.20.14

• Options

Congrats to all of the new mamas! 

My husband and mom have been the most supportive. My mom basically assumed I would plan a natural birth since she (and most women in our family) did the same, but my husband had never even thought about it before my last pregnancy. He's happy to listen to my thoughts/feelings about birth, reads anything I show to him, and is an active participant in all of our appointments and preparation. 

Honestly, I haven't had any issues with family/friends being unsupportive. The only negativity I've faced is from a few coworkers who kind of rolled their eyes during my last pregnancy, but now that they know I've already had a natural birth they're not surprised at all and actually kind of interested in my plans for this time around.

• Options

Looks like we should have a few babies coming very soon!

DH has been most supportive of my choice for a natural birth. He knew I wanted to, but was nervous. Even though it's barely in our budget he pushed for us to hire a doula and is savvy on all the benefits of a natural birth.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

My husband is the most supportive person.  He has always supported any goal or dream that I have had, and this hasn't been any different.  

• Options

I'll come out of lurkdom to play!

9/12/12 - Team Blue - Hospital w/ MW

My husband has definitely been my most supportive.  I knew going in I wanted a NB and started researching and reading before we even started TTC.  He hopped on the bandwagon and researched right along with me.  I just bought him The Birth Partner to read on the good chance we decide against a doula.  It would be great for both of us to read regardless.  He read and really enjoyed Ina May's Guide.  He believes in me when I start to doubt myself.  He is going to be such a great asset during labor.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Our "work moms". Both ladies have had multiple kids and both seem to have unending love and support of our decision with great enthusiasm. Makes it easy to feel confident in my ability to do this when I have them telling me I'll be great, do wonderful and be giving my child such a great gift. 
  • Options

Congratulations on the new babies! How exciting! :) 

My biggest supporter has probably been my mom. She has all three of her kids natural and has always encouraged me that I can do it too. My DH has been behind me 100% as well, though i'm not sure he knows what to expect! But neither do I since this is our first baby! We'll see how it goes :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DH has been incredibly supportive.  So have some really good friends, which helps so much.  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Id love to be added as well!!! Just finding my way around here! I am due 1/21/13 and will be on team green this time delivering at a birth center with a MW (hoping for a water birth!)

All of my family is very supportive of NB! Having aready had one, I wouldnt have it any other way!

DS #1 10/21/06 DD #2 04/11/10 DS #3 01/28/13 Edd #4 08/28/15 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Hello, I'd love to be added to the list!

I am team blue and delivering in a hospital with a midwife, we are going to do Bradley.

Most supportive person has been my boss/friend. She had an epidural and has been super supportive of me going a different way. Dh doesnt want to see me in pain (even though it's productive pain) so he is just no help. My friend said she would love to be my doula and say "no meds" but Dh wants us to do this together. I will either love or regret this decision- we shall see.

Edit: Due 10/30/2012

• Options
    I haven't really encountered any lack of support.  My H was very "whatever you want" about it when I first mentioned it, but after seeing BOBB and taking Bradley classes, he's much more supportive of it as something he truly believes is best for our child(ren) and me.  I tend not to mention it unless asked about it though.  I also haven't told many people about my plans to home birth, but the people I have told have all been supportive (a handful of close friends, my MIL, my family, etc).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I would like to be added too.  My EDD is 2/15/13. 

We are planning a natural hospital vbac with an OB.

My husband is the most supportive, he of all people know how upsetting dd's birth experience was to me.  She was born by c/s, under g/a.  The complete opposite of what I wanted.

• Options

Can I join? I'm due 8/1/12, team blue, and have planned a hospital waterbirth with midwife.

Thanks! 

• Options

My husband was the most supportive.  He grew up on a farm so he wasn't into medicalized birth anyway.  He was the one to convince me to do a home birth as well.

imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options

Please add me to the list! 

We are 8/05/12, team blue, and we will be going to a birth center with a MW

Husband has been the most supportive by far and will be my coach :)

Anniversary
  • Options

No baby yet! :-(

DH has been the most supportive as he has read all the books and even picked some out that I didn't look up and he has really encouraged us to practice together the breathing techniques. He said the other day "okay, we need to write down everything you want so I know when/how to be your advocate." He has been really cute! 

• Options

Can I be added?  Thanks!

7/18.12:  seans_grl, Team Blue; Hospital birth w/ OBs

To answer the question, I'm lucky that I haven't gotten many comments for  choosing NB (this is my 3rd child and both deliveries have been natural), but my husband has been the most supportive.  I had a HypnoBirth with Ben and plan to have another with Alex (this baby).  My husband has always stood behind me 100% and never questions any of the choices that I made related to birth (or much else, really).  He's awesome.   :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"