Pre-School and Daycare

Re: Dealing with a picky eater...Great info

• Options
    Good info, thanks for the link!  The comments section is another story...some of those people have my eyes just about rolling out of my head.  Confused
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah, I read a few and stopped... Indifferent

• Loading the player...
  • Options

As the parent of 2 kids who were pretty picky as preschoolers, I thought this blog had excellent advice.  It was hard grit my teeth and not engage in battles with them.  My own parents were big believers in the "clean plate club" and the "you have to eat at least 3 bites" philosophies, and their handling of my eating as a little kid never made me like lima beans or hard boiled eggs.

My favorite comment was the proud mommy of the 14 m/o who will eat rice with curry or cumin or other spices.  Woo hoo, Mommy!  You're a parenting genius getting that 1 year old to eat rice! Yeah... get back to me in another 3 years on what a great eater your kid is then. 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    imageneverblushed:

As the parent of 2 kids who were pretty picky as preschoolers, I thought this blog had excellent advice.  It was hard grit my teeth and not engage in battles with them.  My own parents were big believers in the "clean plate club" and the "you have to eat at least 3 bites" philosophies, and their handling of my eating as a little kid never made me like lima beans or hard boiled eggs.

My favorite comment was the proud mommy of the 14 m/o who will eat rice with curry or cumin or other spices.  Woo hoo, Mommy!  You're a parenting genius getting that 1 year old to eat rice! Yeah... get back to me in another 3 years on what a great eater your kid is then. 

Exactly.  DS was an awesome eater up until around 16mos.  He'd eat just about anything we put in front of him and it was amazing.  Then it all came to a grinding halt and there's a list of maybe 5 foods he'll eat right now. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"