High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Intro- Hi Everyone

Hi ladies,

I've been lurking on this board for a few weeks now. I am finally comfortable enough to post my intro as we received a positive test this morning. This is my 5th pregnancy but we do not currently have children. We've been through lots of genetic testing with nothing standing out to give us any hints. I did come up with APS and MTHFR homo C667T so I'm on folgard, lovenox 40mg 1x daily, baby aspirin, prenatals, and crinon (progesterone) suppositories.

I look forward to chatting with you ladies and lending an ear to listen when I can. It is nice to have people to talk to who are going through similar troubles. 

Thanks!! 

TTC since June 2010
5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)

Re: Intro- Hi Everyone

• Options

Hi strawberry,

I also lost a LO to a cystic hygroma with hydrops at 12 weeks. I am so sorry for your losses. Did you get any answers as to why it happened? I have a million thoughts as to what I did to cause ours from not taking extra folic acid to having a glass of wine before I knew I was pg. I know none of that probably caused it, but we couldn't get any medical reasons why it happened.  We did to on to get pregnant again and dealt with vasa previa. 

Congrats on you positive test!! I will keep you in my thoughts and would love to hear any info you have on your hygromas. Plus, keep us updated on the precious bump growing in your belly!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sgb721sgb721 member

Unfortunately we didn't find out what caused the hygromas on either child. We did genetic testing on both after our losses but they could not determine the cause. They said it is possible it could have been a physical heart defect although I wasn't far enough with either pregnancy to know for sure. It is VERY frustrating. We went through a lot with those two losses especially seeing tons of doctors, geneticists, etc. Especially since they said it was a 1 in 10000 chance and it wouldn't happen a second time.

I'm so sorry for your loss, I know it is not an easy thing to go through. Your son is adorable!

TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is incredibly frustrating and scary.  I'm so sorry you have dealt with it twice.  I personally feel like I would not have the appreciation I do for my healthy little guy if I would not have had a loss prior to his birth.  He is my world.  Please keep us updated! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"