VBAC

Dirty lurker in need of positive energy...

I am not a big poster on the Bump anymore, but I was around when I was pregnant with DS.  I lurk on this board as I had a c-section with DS in May 2010 and was hoping to have a VBAC with DD that could be arriving any day now.

My doctor is super confident in my chances for a VBAC.  My records note "failure to progress" as the c-section reason, but there was a whole constellation of issues from PPROM to a figure 8 stopper knot in DS's cord.

Anyways, my due date is quickly approaching and I am not effaced and not dilated.  DD is also still "floating" as per my OB.  While the rational part of me realizes that this is no cause for concern, there is a part of me that keeps thinking about the phrase "failure to progress."  Is it normal for me to be so anxious about this?  DH and my OB have both been awesome and amazingly reassuring that this doesn't mean much.

Someone please e-slap some sense into me and tell me to get my hormones under control!  I was devastated after my c-section with DS and really want a VBAC this time around and for future children, but I am really starting to let my fear of another 36+ hour labor ending in a c-section get to the best of me. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Dirty lurker in need of positive energy...

• I was FTP after a 3 day induction (cervidil x2 + 19hr pitocin). Baby had no issues, it was all me (and my stupid OB) that led to c/s. So I was not as good of a candidate as you are.

With #2 at 40wk, I was 0 effaced and 0 dilated and my cervix was so high and tight my OB could barely reach it. Baby had not dropped (I'm assuming this is what your OB means by floating?)

9 days later after a million miles of walking, sex, and EPO I went into labor and had DS by vbac after 29 hours of labor... and just 8 hours before my scheduled RCS.

There are no guarantees, but nothing you've said is really a strike against you. There is no reason to think it won't happen.

The former jen5/03.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• My c/s was due to induction turned FTP and fetal distress, but really I think it was failure to wait.  From start of induction with a foley to DS being taken out was 36 hours.

I went into labor naturally with DD at 39.5w, had another 36 hour labor at home, and an amazing water birth.  I just wanted to let you know that even if you do have a long labor, it doesn't have to end in a c/s, and it doesn't have to be miserable!

I found a lot of these birth affirmations to be helpful in the last weeks of pregnancy and when I was in labor  https://www.rockymountainbaby.com/pages/birthaffirmations.php  Trust your body and trust your baby!  Sending lots of labor dust your way! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you, ladies!  I definitely needed some reassurance and this helps.  We'll see what the OB has to say at my appointment this afternoon.  Smile
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"