October 2011 Moms
Options

Need Help... Quiet play ideas?

I'm taking DD to my cousin's fancy shmancy wedding this Friday (They asked me to bring her, yes, she was invited).  I'm packing a small bag of things to keep her occupied during the 5pm (witching hour) ceremony... I've got a few books, a stuffed toy and some teething rings/links. Does anyone have a toy/object that keeps their LO occupied that's quiet (doesn't rattle, crinkle or make noise?) that I might bring? I'm planning to try to make sure she's well rested, and fed prior to the ceremony to avoid any tired/hungry meltdowns. TIA for any ideas!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Need Help... Quiet play ideas?

• Options
    Sit on the aisle and I'd consider giving her a bottle during the ceremony to ensure silence. I don't have any toy suggestions, though. 
  • Options
    Snacks help us with DD. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

First off, it might not be so bad.  At my brother's wedding, LBB was so fascinated with looking at all the people, the music, etc. that he was on fabulous (quiet) behavior.

Secondly, one of our favorite quiet toys is his vibrating teether.  Sure it makes a little noise (like a cell phone on vibrate), but if it's in his mouth, he doesn't make noise and he likes to bite down on it and make it vibrate.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageblu-eyedwife:

First off, it might not be so bad.  At my brother's wedding, LBB was so fascinated with looking at all the people, the music, etc. that he was on fabulous (quiet) behavior.

Secondly, one of our favorite quiet toys is his vibrating teether.  Sure it makes a little noise (like a cell phone on vibrate), but if it's in his mouth, he doesn't make noise and he likes to bite down on it and make it vibrate.

I don't anticipate it being soooo bad, we go to church every week and she's used to that, but that's 10:30am, not 5pm, when she's usually melting down.

We do have one of those teethers... I'll be sure to pack that :)

I also plan to pack a couple snacks, I just don't want to make a mess, I'll probably pack mum-mums, they're relatively crumb-less, Any other snack suggestions that aren't messy? 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

If it were me and our LO, I would bring some yogurt melts. If I feed them to him, they aren't very messy.

Books keep mine quiet, too, and I agree with PP about planning to feed her a bottle during.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Is she into baby dolls? Lo loves to cuddle and kiss her baby and it keeps her quiet.
  • Options
    My phone
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LCassLCass member

imageMs.Jade:
    My phone

This.  That's probably about the only thing that keeps her quiet, besides a pacifier.  We've got a loud child and especially around lots of people.  She likes to chat and squeal with strangers.

Good luck!  Hope she does well.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"