Blended Families
Options

Finally some GOOD news.

The judge signed a new order to allow DH summer parenting time. The down side? He already missed out on 2 weeks of his normal time. But, we are thankful for getting anything at this point.

BM just emailed DH saying that they would leave at about 5:30 pm on Friday. That puts SD here close to midnight. While I think this is completely unreasonable (BM gets off work at 3) I'm pretty certain that it will cause trouble if DH suggests that they leave earlier. DH's lawyer gave strict instructions to do NOTHING to piss BM off.

We've got a 5k to attend the next morning, so I'm sure SD will be dragging. I guess she will just have to deal. I don't want DH to attend the exchange alone, because BM has a tendency to get hostile and he needs a witness. But I don't want DD up that late. Should I just get a babysitter for DD? Or send another adult with DH to the exchange? Or just hope the girls sleep in the car?

Mio Marito per Sempre: Married 2009. SD is 12 yrs. DD is 4 yrs.

DS born 12/29/14

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Finally some GOOD news.

• Options
    Send someone else, his wife is not a great witness anyway. 
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options

imageLittlejen22:
    Send someone else, his wife is not a great witness anyway. 

I wouldn't say that "his wife is not a great witness", as I've had to testify a handful of times during my husband's Court issues.

However, I agree that you should go ahead and send someone else. Get your LO to bed on time, but stay up to greet SD when she gets there. Seeing as how hard BM battled to keep SD away from your husband, she's bound to be bitter that she didn't get her way. Maybe having someone else with your husband for the exchange will keep some of her snark at bay and make the situation a bit easier on SD. 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    P.S. I'm so happy for your family right now!! After all the turmoil you all have been through, this good news must feel extra sweet  =)

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    wwnbwwwnbw member
    I'm really happy that DH is getting his parenting time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Whoo Hoo!  And I would have someone else (non family) go along for the ride.  Be home to grab the little one, hug her and snuggle her right back to bed.
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    gonna have to agree with everyone else.  you should stay home with your DD (so as not to mess her sleeping up as well, 2 cranky kids will be a nightmare in the morning) have DH bring a friend for the exchange, but I wouldn't let him go alone either. 

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    Krisx2Krisx2 member
    DH went by himself and had no issues at drop off, other than my 9 yr old SD was dressed too provocatively for our taste. But that being said, she is finally safe and sound back in our home :) Let the summer begin!

Mio Marito per Sempre: Married 2009. SD is 12 yrs. DD is 4 yrs.

DS born 12/29/14

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"