Pregnant after IF
Options

Growth scans?

I keep reading about growth scans here.  I'm wondering how many of you are getting them and why (and how often)?  I assume they are u/s that measure the size of your LO(s)?

I did ask my OB a while back regarding how many u/s I'd get.  She indicated that my a/s at 18w would be the last one, unless something else came up.  Well, since they saw a low-lying placenta in the 18w one, I'm scheduled for a f/u u/s at 28w just to check the placenta.  Apart from that though, my OB told me that I will be treated no differently than her non-IVF pg patients.

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Growth scans?

• Options
    I had an extra scan at the beginning of third tri, not because of ivf, but because I have a single umbilical artery, and I have a cautious ob. I liked having another extra detailed look at the lo and fluid levels, my cervix, etc, so I can't complain.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Options

Unless there is a reason, most doctors don't do growth scans and most insurance will not pay for more than 1 or 2 u/s for your entire pregnancy.

I have GD and high B/P, I see my MFM once a week and they do a growth scan every week.  If I did not have GD, I would not be having growth scans unless my OB found other medical reasons to do them.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kelnyckelnyc member
    My protocol would have been the same (nothing after the NT at 20 weeks), but I have been measuring 5-6 weeks ahead and having lots of BH contractions, so we had a look 2 months ago, and we have another on Thursday. Depending on how that goes, I may ask to get one at my 36 week appointment as well.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• Options
    i had growth scans w/ my 1st pg because i had GD and they had to check her size because of that. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My OBs had me start them at 26w, once a month because we did IVF with ICIS. That is their policy, but it seems every office is different. 
    TTC since 2006
    Me: 36 DH: 40
    DH dx azoospermia My dx: RA & AMA
    d-IUI's--6/10, 7/13 & 8/4: all BFN
    d-IVF#1--Lupron/Menopur/Bravelle/Novarel; mini-dose protocol
    ER: 10/25--18R; 14F; ET: 10/28--3dt of 2 embies; 3 blasts frozen
    + HPT 11/4; Beta #1--14dp3dt: 441; Beta #2--21dp3dt: 9298
    One beautiful jelly bean growing! Saw h/b on 11/28 and 12/5!!!
    P/SAIF welcome
    <a href="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/mandalinn/?action=view
  • Options
    No growth scans scheduled here! 

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
    My IF-turned-baby blog
  • Options
    I see my peri every other week for a growth scan because baby had a dip in growth a few weeks back. Things are improving but they are keeping a close eye.
  • Options
    I had one scheduled at 21 weeks because at my a/s they noticed the cord was not inserted in the middle of the placenta, which can ultimately slow growth. At my scan last week she said as the placenta has grown the cord is now more centralized, so they aren't worried. No more scheduled for me. Crazy to think I may not see LO again until she arrives!
    2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • Options
    We get monthly growth checks for twins. They just like to do estimated fetal weights to check for any growth discordance. I'll start BPPs weekly at 32 weeks.
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Options

I have bi-weekly u/s and cervix checks because of multiples.

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Options
    imagetheworms:

I have bi-weekly u/s and cervix checks because of multiples.

This.

• Options

I am having growth scans because I am having twins and they have to monitor me closely.  I had my NT scan at 11+ weeks, my a/s at 17+ weeks, then a growth u/s at 21 weeks.  I go this Thursday (25+ weeks) for the next one.  I expect I may start to get them more often after this. 

I don't think having undergone IVF means that you would have any closer monitoring, unless there was an issue they needed to check on.  More monitoring in the beginning yes, but not later on.  At least that has been the experiences of others that I have known.   

• Options
    I will have an MFM appointment every two weeks for the entire pregnancy and Ob every 4 weeks.  It is due to my history though not just IVF.
    TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options
    i had a tear and at the followup they turned that into a "mini" growth scan appointment.  My a/s is tomorrow and I have a growth scan scheduled for 8/8 because i have thyroid issues
    S/PAIFW
    Tara & Dave - TTC since September 2006
    PCOS - dx 1999 (amenorrhea) | freakishly long fallopian tubes
    Hypoglycemic | thyroid issues | severely anemic
    Multiple Clomid cycles of 50, 100, 150 - absolutely no response
    Follistim 50/100 | Follistim 75/125 | Follistim 100/150 IUI - all BFNs
    Converted IVF - BFP - m/c | FET - BFN | IVF #2 = BFN
    IVF #3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"