17 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Anyone Feeling Movement?

I'm starting to get the occational little jab or poke or prod or whatever you want to call it. My sister (2 time mom) says it starts out feeling like gas, but I must not have noticed that part because I'm feeling like someone is flicking me on the inside like you would to flick lint off your coat or something. Smile

I think it's the baby, but it maybe it's just my muscles stretching and feeling weird?

(I'm going to keep telling myself it's Junior no matter what though! Who wouldn't? XD)

Re: Anyone Feeling Movement?

• Options

Yup its junior.

M feeling it too and muscle twitches.

:):):)

• Options
    hi im 17 weeks today (mum of 4 children already) and i have not had any feelings of movements yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I felt a few kicks on my 17th week. Called out for my hubby, but by the time he arrived, baby didn't want to kick daddy.

• Options

I'm feeling some movement too. It does feel kinda like gas? but it happens in random areas of my tummy. 

Little one mostly "moves around" later in the evening for me. Like around 9pm or so.

I've also tried calling for my husband so he can feel, but the little one isn't ready to perform for daddy yet.  

• Options
    I've been feeling fluttering since 15 weeks or so, and I know it wasn't gas, lol
    I know my body very well and thats nothing like gas for me. I usually feel it when I'm still and laying on my back.
    About a week ago I got my first big movement though :) I turned to lay on my side and baby nudged/kicked/whatever, my side after I did!
    People are always surprised when I tell them I felt it that early
    But I did, and I wasn't looking for it or expecting it, I only knew it was not normal for me
  • Options

First baby, and I am positive I felt it for the first time this morning! I changed sleeping positions, and felt like someone just stroked the inside of my abdomen twice!  So weird and cool!

• Options
    Me too!  Just under my belly button I felt two definite swipes.  I felt quickening a few weeks before but this was pretty definitive!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I felt my baby move for the first times this past Saturday while at work. I was just standing at the counter and felt a strange butterfly fleet on the right side of my ribs. : Don't know for sure but I'm going with it!
  • Options
    I have had the same thing. At first I wasn't sure what happen or what it was. Now after feeling it for a few days I think it is baby.  Smile
  • Options
    Yup it's Junior and if he/she pokes you hard enough, I usually say "hey knock it off", silly I know, but hey the painful poke than stops.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I am pretty sure now that I first felt my LO moving around 13wks, but it was one night when I was up and really worrying about it. Part of me believes the little booger moved just so I knew it was there and would actually sleep rather than be concerned. Then about 3days ago I got the "gas movement" motions for a few minutes while talking on the phone with my sister-in-law about the previous movement and my worries. I'm honestly thinking the baby really wants to reassure me that it's there since I'm constantly worried after all the IF issues. The past few days, I'm getting these random pains around where my ovaries should be. They aren't cramps, and they aren't rhythmic like you would have were something organ wise just aching (it would pulse with blood flow); they have been completely erratic which leads me to believe the baby is kicking my ovaries when it's uncomfortable or hungry. (Lol, that's usually when it happens)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

definetly baby...I have been feeling movement for awhile now...I am 17 weeks and they are getting more frequent, which I LOVE!  Is there anything better then feeling your baby moving inside!!  I love being pregnant!!!

• Options
    Yup its Junior! I feel my little one too. It feels like a poke or jab and I can feel it real down deep in there. I can't put my hand on my belly and feel it yet but I will soon :)
  • Options
    Not yet this is my third and more than likely I still have another 2 weeks to go.  But if you think you are you are probably right.  
  • Options
    I'm 17 weeks and 1 day today :) and I have been feeling pokes for 2 weeks now :) at first I thought it was gas or something but now i'm pretty sure it's the baby <3 I love the feeling. I can't wait until i can actually feel it from the outside!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm 17 weeks and 2 days and expecting twins. I feel what I believe are little movements at random times throughout my day. It's more frequent when I'm around my own mother (thinking she might be their favorite!). they happen on both sides of my stomach. I'm excited for the moment when their kicks are strong enought for me to feel them on the outside. For now they feel like somebody is lightly tapping on my belly from the inside. It's amazing!!
    LovedBy2
  • Options
    Im 17 weeks today and have been feeling very definate baby movement. She is very active...and her movements feel like movement not gas...nothing like gas to me lol. Cant wait for my next ultrsound Jan 2nd!! Cant come fast enough!!
  • Options
    Im 17 weeks today and expecting my first. I have not felt the definate movement of my little one. Some people say its like gas or bubbles but ive yet to feel it :
  • Options
    I'm 1 day shy of 17 weeks, but a few days back (just after my 16 week marker), on New Years Eve, I was getting a back massage from my sister and felt a series of strong flutters. I have never felt this sensation before (this is my 1st pregnancy) but I knew it could not have been gas bubbles. It was quite unique. I've felt it a couple of times since. Pregnancy is amazing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm expecting twins too. Felt first movements week15. Now I'm 17weeks and it feel great knowing the little ones are present and healthy.
  • Options

Hi! I am 17 weeks along and this is my first- I just started feeling movement three days ago! It kind of feels like someone lightly touching my belly (from the inside), like baby is trying to tickle me. Super exciting!! Congrats!

• Options

Oh yea! This is my 2nd pregnancy and I'm carrying twins so my experience is a little different than yours. I recognized the feeling right away (about 2 weeks ago) and they are becoming more active as the days go by. 

If it feels like movement but you can't control or predict it, it's your baby! :)  

Miranda Rasmussen Twins - due 6.12.13
  • Options
    I'm feeling some vague sensations. This is my first pregnancy so its hard for me to distinguish it from normal digestion stuff.
    Forgiveness sets YOU free!
  • Options
    Yep...starting feeling them about 2 weeks ago. Last week at 16W I felt a def. Pulling sensation during the Grammys she was dancing I guess. And last Friday after eating A big lunch I cAme back to work and felt movement. But nothing All weekend :. Its a great feeling isn't it?????
  • Options
    yes! isn't it great!  feels like I have little fish swimming aroundSmile
  • Options
    Im 17 weeks today and haven't felt any movement. I have an apointment next week, but im just nervous something is wrong.
    Is this normal?
  • Options
    i'm 17 weeks today with 1st baby and I felt some little kick/pokes a couple time at the end of 16 weeks but now it's more often. It's when I'm lying down resting either on my back or side and the kicks are always on my left side! So excited to feel that movement :)
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    I've had that too, but it's round ligament pain which is totally normal. The ligaments around the uterus are stretching and growing as well, and that causes random pain. I notice mine after changing positions and especially after sneezing. At times the pain has been pretty extreme, but only lasts at most 10 seconds!
  • Options
    I have been felling what is know as quickenings for a few weeks now I'm told you feel it all sooner the more pregnancies you have but not felt any real kicks or anything yet so it could be the baby or you muscles stretching but I would tell my self it's the baby letting you know it's awake lol you miss once they are in your arms so make the most of it :D xx
  • Options
    Ik what u mean, i havent felt anything either, im 17 weeks as well. Im sure all is well n he'll be moving soon but as a mommy ima always worry.
  • Options
    Yeah feeling butterflies and little pokes it amazing go in the bath they love water this is my first but I always find the movements stronger when in the bath :
  • Options
    I felt 4 lil jabs last night! I was in bed waiting to fall asleep when I felt the 4 lil jabs. The moment I felt it I knew what it was. Its something I've never felt b4first time mom. I even woke my husband up to tell him. It was such a huge moment for me. :
  • Options
     Definitely movement!!!!  Im 17 weeks and 3 days today and ive been feeling movement for about a week or so. It feels more like your being poked from inside than gas bubbles. Going on the 24th to see what Little One is!!
  • Options
    It's most definitely your baby. I am havin my second child and felt movement around week 15 but I knew exactly what I was looking for. Congrats and enjoy those first movements. Later on you may end up with feet jabbing you!
  • Options
    17wks and i havent experienced any of the fluttering or quickening that some women describe, but ive felt a couple tiny bumps and pokes over the past week or so that im pretty sure are baby, like im being jabbed from the inside out. they are very few and far apart though. still waiting for that tickling butterfly sensation though and that first real good kick that says IM IN HERE before i get too excited about it, i wanna be certain of what im feeling.
  • Options

I just hit 17 weeks and so far no movement for me. :c
    It's almost frustrating but I'm trying my best to be patient! I have been experiencing Round Ligament Pain and let me tell you, it's not fun. It's usually only when I switch positions while I'm laying in bed and it's happened a couple times when I've sneezed! I'd so much rather be feeling baby!

• Options
    It's feels more like a tickle ! But don't worry you will feel it soon enough !
  • Options
    I have 2x/day dance parties - a short one in the morning and a longer one every afternoon. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I felt the first kick last week at 16 weeks :) I'd had some inconclusive gurgles before then, but now they're starting to get more frequent and are obviously not gas.  My doc told me not to freak out if I don't feel anything for a few days since baby is still small and not on a schedule yet.
  • Options
    I started feeling movements this week too.  It almost feels like a muscle twitch low in my pelvis.  I can only feel them when I'm very still and have my legs pulled up towards my abdomen.  It's almost like baby is telling me to give it some more room in there.  It's the best feeling and I can't wait to feel them more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"