October 2011 Moms
Options

So sick. Advice/Voodoo medicine/home remedies needed.

I'm in Chicago for two days for meetings with my corporate officers that start tomorrow. I'm so sick. So sick. Feverish, body aches, sinus trouble, sore throat, headache. DH came with so I can continue to nurse DD and my ILs are fifteen minutes away so at least I have that. But I need to not feel/look/sound like azz tmrw. What should I do? Any quick fixes? Home and/or store remedies? I've been using my neti pot, throat lozenges and Tylenol so far, but something's gotta give. There's a good chance I'm going to die.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: So sick. Advice/Voodoo medicine/home remedies needed.

• Options

I'm sorry you're sick.

If you're really that bad (feverish, myalgia, snot, etc), you should tell the corporate officers that you're ill and that you'll have to reschedule. Meetings seem important, but they can wait. Your employers don't want to share your germs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sugary hot tea with lemon, steamy bathroom, sleep!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also neti pot, I love that thing
  • Options
    LCassLCass member
    My brother was just talking about how crushing aspirin and gargling with it (mixed in water) can really help a sore throat.  Other things that could help: chewing some garlic (blech, but it works), tea with lemon and/or honey, hot shower/bath and steam up the bathroom.  Also, try some Advil Cold & Sinus or something like that.  Good luck!

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options
    When I am really sick, Theraflu seems to make the biggest impact the fastest.

• Options

Okay - you need something for the fever - tylenol should be helping with that.

Everything else I recommend LOTS of sleep and liquids.  Get a straw.  When you're not sleeping you're drinking - water, juice, hot tea (I alternate between the three).  But most of all, sleep!

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Advil Cold & Sinus works for me most of the time. Also drink a ton of water. I heard water with lemon is supposed to help when you are sick too. 
    photo
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips, ladies. Keeping Tylenol in my body, a hot hot shower, and loads of sleep & water eventually helped. I felt a ton better this morning & my neti pot is finally doing it's job -- a good sign! I was prepared to bow out of the meetings this morning by the time I hit the bed last night. It was hard to think clearly when I felt so awful!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"