Postpartum Depression

PPA and EBF- advice please!

I think my anxiety is getting to a point where I can't control it, especially with all the difficulties with DS and feedings.  We suspected reflux was a problem as he would arch his back during feedings, pull off crying, only eat small amounts and want to nurse all day long.  The meds don't seem to be helping and we just found blood and mucous in his stool, pedi thinks I should eliminate dairy as he might have a sensitivity to it.  Im so frustrated that we are still dealing with these difficult feedings and can't help but feel rejected by DS, and it's so overwhelming to deal with these fussy feedings with a 3 yr old too.  I'm starting to wonder if my anxiety might be causing him to refuse to nurse, pull off crying despite being hungry?  If you have PPA did you have similar problems with BFing and did you notice an improvement after starting meds?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PPA and EBF- advice please!

• imagethanxbaby:
    he would arch his back during feedings, pull off crying, only eat small amounts and want to nurse all day long.  The meds don't seem to be helping and we just found blood and mucous in his stool,

All of this sounds like what my Sam was doing when we were struggling with oversupply and overactive letdown.  Just to experiment, try pumping a couple of ounces out of the breast you are going to feed LO from right before your nurse and see if he still does the same things.  

Also try posting this on the breastfeeding board, if you haven't already.  There are some smart ladies over there.  GL!

ETA:  This was really helpful for me - Clicky

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've read somewhere that babies can sense the adrenaline if you're tense. But it very well could be an oversupply issue. He'll eventually adjust to your supply in this case. As for mucus and blood in his stool, could be dairy allergy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"